• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

If you have one practical tip you can share

• Members

I have a few tips:

~Find a church that actively goes soul winning, and if you are already in one, pair up with a seasoned soul winner and go out knocking doors  with them as a silent partner.  Don't feel shy asking several different church members if you can tag along; the more people you can learn from, the better.

~Always pray before going, asking the Holy Spirit to guide you where you need to go, and to work on the hearts of those you give the Gospel to.

~If you feel nervous, pray for boldness.

~Smile, be friendly!

~ Always have & use your King James Holy Bible to show the person directly from Scripture WHY they need salvation, and what they must BELIEVE (the Gospel of Jesus Christ)  in order to be saved.

~Take them down the "Romans Road". A lot of (non-soul winning) Christians may scoff at it, but it is a direct, orderly, simple, easy  to understand method of giving the Gospel that WORKS.

~ If they understand everything you showed them so far, read them John 3:16, ask if they believe that is true. If they do, lead them in prayer (remind them that the prayer doesn't save, that they were saved the moment they believed) to ask God to give them the free gift of salvation, and they are trusting in Jesus Christ ALONE to save them.

~Before leaving, and to ensure they really believe & not just going through the motions, ask them what could they do to lose their salvation now that they are saved. They should say, "nothing", or, "I can't lose it". Then you KNOW they truly believe & are saved. If they start naming off sins, they did NOT BELIEVE the Gospel & are still trusting their own works instead of Christ's.  Patiently expound on the fact that Christ's sinless life, death, burial & (3 days later) His bodily ressurection paid for ALL sins---past, present AND future.

~Don't give up. Don't stop. You WILL get people saved if you keep doing it.

image.jpeg

Edited by BabeinChrist

• 1 year later...
  • Members

It is always a "judgment call" to determine when to give the gospel and when to refrain, when not enough has been said and when too much has been said.  On the one hand, we would not wish for a person to be deprived of the good news about Jesus Christ because we have been too shy or not forthcoming enough; on the other hand, we would not wish to "poison the well" against a possible future response by being too aggressive in our approach. Much depends upon the person being witnessed to, but not a little depends on the person doing the witnessing. Even then, the particular time and circumstances can also change the calculus to no little degree. I tend to believe in "over-kill" in principle, but more often skew to understatement in practice. 

God Bless!

• 10 months later...
  • Members

I read through all these suggestions on how to win souls.

And I have to tell you I'm a little disappointed in you all I thought I was reading through a book about being a salesman and selling the salvation of God.

I have to tell you I place greater value upon the salvation of God than any of you.

Edited by Aniiz

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Have some version of the Romans Road as a guideline, especially at first, but know and understand what you are there to say. Realize that it will take time to be fluent in presenting the gospel, and in being able to be interrupted, yet keep your message fluid amidst interruptions. Try to bring them back to what you have predetermined to be a good order of information when they get you off track with side issues, and do all things as gently as possible. 

It is ok to be direct when necessary. If a mormon tells you that they are good to go, let them know that they are not, and that hell is hot. "Some save with fear". Purposely develop an understanding of what to say to different people. Give some thought, study, and prayer to what you are doing. 

Most importantly of all points is to make sure that you are not delivering a false gospel of repentance from sin for salvation. God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way, and God repented of the evil that he said that he would do unto them, and he did it not. Don't make them think that they have to feel bad about their sin to be saved, because the heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked. Give the gospel of being saved by grace through faith, and without works. There is no Billy Baalam Graham changed life gospel that gets anyone saved. 

Make sure that they understand "everlasting", "eternal", "shall not come into condemnation", and "shall never die". That is the gift of God that they must receive, not a temporary salvation based on your changed life or repentance of sins. Faith is the evidence of things unseen. You can't see their salvation, nor should their salvation produce evidence to you, for them to be saved.  

Inviting Jesus into their heart is not biblical, so don't use it. Use "believe in thy heart", and "call on the name of the Lord". 

Make sure that they understand and believe that once they become a child of God, there is nothing that can separate them from the love of God, and although they may be a son or daughter that gets chastened, God will never leave them nor forsake them. 

Finally, and very importantly, show them the bible verses from the KJV for what you are telling them, because faith commeth by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.