• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hello Everyone

• Members

Greetings folks!  I'm a newbie here but I hope I'll find a warm welcome.  My name is Aaron Freeman and I'm a veteran independent Baptist church-planting missionary serving the Lord along the Mexico border in southern Texas (on the US side).  I found y'all through a Google search and am specifically wanting to make a post regarding a search for volunteers for a short-term missions opportunity.  However, I'm not sure where to post such a request.  I looked around, but couldn't decide on a good spot.  Rather than posting that here, and having to have the post moved (since it's obviously not part of my introduction) I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.  Thanks!

• Members

Brother Aaron,

Welcome!

We are very happy to make your acquaintance. We appreciate your testimony and the work that Lord has called you to. The moderators will take care of the short-term missionary request if need be and/or point you in the right direction.

It is our hope that we can be a blessing to you and our discussions and fellowship will be a blessing to all.

Alan

• Members

G'day RGVbaptist.

What does the RVG stand for, if I can ask that?

There is a Baptist ministry section which is possibly the right place but you have to ask permission to accesd it and you have to prove that you are actually a baptist to get that permission. We have had people over the years come in to cause trouble, and let's be honest - baptists can cause each other quite enough trouble without extra help. :laugh:

Jim will be along at some stage to give you more info.

• Members

17 minutes ago, DaveW said:

There is a Baptist ministry section which is possibly the right place but you have to ask permission to accesd it and you have to prove that you are actually a baptist to get that permission. We have had people over the years come in to cause trouble, and let's be honest - baptists can cause each other quite enough trouble without extra help. :laugh:

I was hoping to stay out of a "restricted" area so that "regular folk" could see the information and respond (not just ministry "leaders").  But, if that's the right place then I'm all in.  I did try to check out the lounge, but that was restricted and said I had to use an APPLY link, which I couldn't find.  Weird.  And I 100% agree with the "causing trouble" comments....both of them!

17 minutes ago, DaveW said:

What does the RGV stand for, if I can ask that?

That stands for Rio Grande Valley.  Our ministry is in the Rio Grande Valley of Southern Texas.  :)

9 minutes ago, 1Timothy115 said:

Hi Aaron! Welcome Aboard. Speaking of boards which mission board are you with?

We are with Harvest Baptist Missions.  It's a small local-church mission agency out of Columbia Road Baptist Church in North Olmsted, Ohio.

Edited by RGVBaptist
Adding additional reply

• Members
15 minutes ago, RGVBaptist said:

That stands for Rio Grande Valley.  Our ministry is in the Rio Grande Valley of Southern Texas.  :)

We are with Harvest Baptist Missions.  It's a small local-church mission agency out of Columbia Road Baptist Church in North Olmsted, Ohio.

I live in S.E. Ohio. I have a son living in Texas at San Angelo

• Members

You could just post in the lounge under the general section?

I think the "link" got broken and lost in one of the many updates. Send a message to a Moderator and they will pass it to Jim or Matt who will do a check on your info.

• Moderators

Go ahead and post it in the lounge, RGV.  It really shouldn't be restricted… If it still is, try posting a couple more times in this area ( just to raise your posting quota) and try again. If it still doesn't work, message JimAlaska. Or you could just message me what you want the post to say and I'll set it up for you. :-)

• Members
12 hours ago, 1Timothy115 said:

I live in S.E. Ohio. I have a son living in Texas at San Angelo

I have family in S.W. Ohio.  I've actually been to San Angelo for a missions conference, but it's about 12 hours from where I live.  Nice area though!

The lounge still isn't working for me so I guess I'll try contacting Jim.  This is what I see when I enter the lounge.

• Members

There os the IFB Lounge but there is also a lounge section under the general section.

As far as I know there is no restriction on the general lounge section.