Jump to content
Online Baptist Community

False Brethren

Rate this topic


fastjav390
 Share

Recommended Posts

 Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.- Isaiah 66:5

The context of this verse is the Second Coming of Christ where Jews will turn on the remnant in the name of Jehovah..

It's interesting that it's mention that some Jews will be hated and betrayed by their own brethren at this time. Like during the Holocaust when a minority of Jews worked hand in hand with the Nazis in rounding up their own people. Even Dr. Josef Mengele's (aka the Angel of Death) right hand man who actually performed most of the hideous experiments on Jews was a Jewish man although he claims he feared for his life.

I bring this up because once again I see the New York Times (the CEO is a Jew) siding with Hamas against Israel. 96% of media in the world is owned by Jews. I won't list them all but you can check it out for yourself. Plus, the deafening silence of big Hollywood directors like Spielberg and Abrams whenever there is an attack against Israel yet they have no problem speaking up for the rights of Palestinians. 

Now before anyone thinks I'm antisemitic let me make it clear that I'm 100% pro-Israel and their right to statehood and their sovereign right to choose who they allow and don't allow within their borders. But it appears to me that the stage is being set for the Great Tribulation where most Jews (if they really are that, there's debate if "Ashkenazi Jews" are really children of Abraham), not a minority like during WW II, are turning against their own brethren. In this case, turning against the nation of Israel. I've read that even in Israel there's a substantial segment of Jews that wants to put and end of the state of Israel. Can you imagine that?

In a practical context for Christians this could apply to anytime Christians turn on other Christians in the name of Christ like we've seen so much throughout the last 2,000 years. It's one of the most discouraging things that could happen to a believer but things will be straightened out at the judgement seat of Christ.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators

Well, just as the Bible speaks of those who call themselves Jews but aren't, so we know there are false brethren, (so you named the posting), who claim the name of Christ, yet clearly are none of His-these will more than likely, when the time comes, willingly betray true believers, because they will be led to believe the strong delusion. Even today, many so-called Christians ignore the Bible's warning against taking a brother before the unsaved law, and sue each other over stupid things. So it is already happening. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
54 minutes ago, fastjav390 said:

In a practical context for Christians this could apply to anytime Christians turn on other Christians in the name of Christ like we've seen so much throughout the last 2,000 years. It's one of the most discouraging things that could happen to a believer but things will be straightened out at the judgement seat of Christ.

Fastjav,

First let me clarify that by second coming you are not referring to the rapture but the event known as the 2nd advent.  That being said I would have no idea if 96% of the news outlets are Jewish owned or not and really do not care if they are or aren’t since (in my opinion) none of them are completely trustworthy and have gone from reporting events to manipulating public opinion in order to create news. 

The Jews (Israelites) like all people groups have a history of wickedness in relation to humanity and have found themselves involved in barbarities of all stripes including enslaving their own people. Because of their love for money they find themselves willing to do whatever fills their coffers regardless of the harm done to others and in this they do not differ from any other race of people. 

The fact that Israel is the “apple of God’s eye” Deut. 32:10 does not mean they are a perfect people just the opposite they are a sinful and wicked people just like you and me. 

I agree with you that there will always be those who turn against their own people Jesus stated in Mark 13:11 But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost. Mark 13:12 Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.

There will always be those who refuse to place their allegiance with God through Christ and instead trust in themselves, their own wisdom, their own wealth, their own health etc. 

 

Your last paragraph caught my attention because I too wonder about the attacks leveled against other believers.  I am not against calling sin, sin or marking one or a group as heretical my concern is in properly determining what is “Christian” and what is not “Christian”.  Because someone does not read the same bible as me, or conduct their Christian Liberty as I do, does that make that person a none-Christian.  And if we judge what we can see what about what we cannot see?  And do we judge ourselves by the same measure we judge others?  Paul asked the question in Romans 2:17-23 to those who were confident in their standing in the law, “thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?”

When I call out someone for saying or doing something am I doing the same thing.  (this is an illustration) If I call out a well-known bible speaker for using a different version of the bible and yet I use concordances, commentaries to help discern the context and message of a given bible passage have I not in a sense, done exactly what the bible teacher has done?  Am I willing to cast the first stone as it were? 

The bottom line concerning my dilemma is your exact point, who are we or who am I to turn on other Christians and to believe I am the standard?  Don’t get me wrong the bible is our canon and it is infallible but I am not infallible and though I study I cannot see the heart of another person.  I believe the intent of the Lord’s parable concerning the seed and the tares is that they both grow until harvest because while we think we know who will be fruitful and who will not the fact is only God knows who will be fruitful and who will not be fruitful. 

I will be interested to see how others view your thoughts.

I agree with your last paragraph and think we do need to be very careful how we judge other believers.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

Well, just as the Bible speaks of those who call themselves Jews but aren't, so we know there are false brethren, (so you named the posting), who claim the name of Christ, yet clearly are none of His-these will more than likely, when the time comes, willingly betray true believers, because they will be led to believe the strong delusion. Even today, many so-called Christians ignore the Bible's warning against taking a brother before the unsaved law, and sue each other over stupid things. So it is already happening. 

Yes, the First Council of Nicea dealt with the dispute about Christians who betrayed other Christians as well bishops who had betrayed their flock to Diocletian. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Orval said:

Fastjav,

First let me clarify that by second coming you are not referring to the rapture but the event known as the 2nd advent.  That being said I would have no idea if 96% of the news outlets are Jewish owned or not and really do not care if they are or aren’t since (in my opinion) none of them are completely trustworthy and have gone from reporting events to manipulating public opinion in order to create news. 

The Jews (Israelites) like all people groups have a history of wickedness in relation to humanity and have found themselves involved in barbarities of all stripes including enslaving their own people. Because of their love for money they find themselves willing to do whatever fills their coffers regardless of the harm done to others and in this they do not differ from any other race of people. 

The fact that Israel is the “apple of God’s eye” Deut. 32:10 does not mean they are a perfect people just the opposite they are a sinful and wicked people just like you and me. 

I agree with you that there will always be those who turn against their own people Jesus stated in Mark 13:11 But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost. Mark 13:12 Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.

There will always be those who refuse to place their allegiance with God through Christ and instead trust in themselves, their own wisdom, their own wealth, their own health etc. 

 

Your last paragraph caught my attention because I too wonder about the attacks leveled against other believers.  I am not against calling sin, sin or marking one or a group as heretical my concern is in properly determining what is “Christian” and what is not “Christian”.  Because someone does not read the same bible as me, or conduct their Christian Liberty as I do, does that make that person a none-Christian.  And if we judge what we can see what about what we cannot see?  And do we judge ourselves by the same measure we judge others?  Paul asked the question in Romans 2:17-23 to those who were confident in their standing in the law, “thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?”

When I call out someone for saying or doing something am I doing the same thing.  (this is an illustration) If I call out a well-known bible speaker for using a different version of the bible and yet I use concordances, commentaries to help discern the context and message of a given bible passage have I not in a sense, done exactly what the bible teacher has done?  Am I willing to cast the first stone as it were? 

The bottom line concerning my dilemma is your exact point, who are we or who am I to turn on other Christians and to believe I am the standard?  Don’t get me wrong the bible is our canon and it is infallible but I am not infallible and though I study I cannot see the heart of another person.  I believe the intent of the Lord’s parable concerning the seed and the tares is that they both grow until harvest because while we think we know who will be fruitful and who will not the fact is only God knows who will be fruitful and who will not be fruitful. 

I will be interested to see how others view your thoughts.

I agree with your last paragraph and think we do need to be very careful how we judge other believers.  

Yes, I was referring to the Second Advent, not the Rapture.

The 96% I came up with came from a website. I was going to post the link but I really don't want to do that in a forum like Onlinebaptist.

The percentage comes from the number owners and CEO's of these media sites. For instance, the New York Times, New York Daily News, Disney (who also own ABC and ESPN and a slew of other media corporations) , NBC (who owns CNN and HLN), CBS,  Facebook, Google,  MTV, Time Warner, Sony, ViaCom, HBO, Universal, Dreamworks, US News and World Report, etc etc, etc. are all founded,  owned or headed by Jews although there are plenty of Gentiles in lower positions in those organizations. This is an indisputable fact. The only exceptions I can think of are FOX and Turner Broadcasting (who merged with Time Warner). It's true that it most likely isn't an exact percentage but a rough guess-timate based all the few largest companies of the bunch who own just about every media outlet. (A little off topic but you would be amazed at how many of the major trucking companies are owned by the Mormon Church).

Now I really don't care that these groups are headed or owned by Jews. As far as I'm concerned their ability to thrive in these areas are a talent form God but at the same time it's alarming how many of these that hold these powerful positions within the media and entertainment are anti-Israel. lt seems to be no longer a minority among them but the majority of those that live outside of Israel.

This was the point I was trying to make. They are the false brethren that will actively side with the Beast against the remnant of Israel. 

I know we are not to look for "signs" of Christ's coming but Paul also said that "we are not in darkness that that day would overtake us like a thief". 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 10:03 AM, fastjav390 said:

In a practical context for Christians this could apply to anytime Christians turn on other Christians in the name of Christ like we've seen so much throughout the last 2,000 years. It's one of the most discouraging things that could happen to a believer but things will be straightened out at the judgement seat of Christ.

Yes, Christ will take care of this issue. 1 Corinthians 6:1-7 .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Independent Fundamental Baptist

Sadly, the devil has long loved to bring SOME Jews against Jews (and Christians). We see Judas as one example. I see today those such as George Soros and Mark Zuckerberg (facebook) with the same intent. I can myself testify to Zuckerberg's own antisemitism due to my posting a factual account of what Israel looked like in the 1800's wherein a king had given use of one of the first cameras and took photos of the area.. proving there were no arab 'palestinians' there at the time. Nothing but wasteland, overgrown with weeds and such. A few Jews remained, there were many former Christian dwellingplaces also overgrown and in disrepair. Even the arab abomination that currently sits on the temple grounds was in rot and decay with trees and bushes growing in front of and out of it's foundation and walls. All was desolate and abandoned, excpet for the few Jews there. Even just a couple of years ago those photos could be easily found on 'google' or other search engines. BUT today the search engine results yield a decidedly antisemitic anti-Jew, and anti-Christian compilation of results. 

Anyways... those photos were taken down by 'facebook security' claiming it went against their 'community standards'. Yet I had made NO calls for violence nor for murder of anyone. YET the same week I saw NUMEROUS muslim posts which actually called for the murder of Jews. When I (and numerous others) reported those posts calling for violence, those were NOT taken down! There is definitely an antisemitic platform that thrives on facebook (and many other prominent venues online). How sad that Zuckerberg is yet another self-loathing Jew. 

I also (as you profess to) have the love for Israel and the Jews that we are to have. I recognize that we (gentiles) are merely wild olive grafted in! (Rom.11:17) And it is dangerous grounds to boast of our salvation in comparison to them, also the false teaching of replacement theology is on the rise again... no doubt because these are the perilous last days. If more grace age believers actually understood the great PRIVILEGE we have by even being permitted into God's plan of salvation, for a specific purpose of God, whereas before salvation was of the Jews (John 4:22). Thankfully now we are in the age of grace... Jesus has gone to the cross and paid for our sins, He was buried and rose again the 3rd day (the gospel as outlined in 1 Cor.15:1-4). Right now Jews can come to Christ the same way Gentiles can. 
Yet, sadly, right now, in the age of grace, many Jews are still blind to the gospel... and will remain blind until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in (Rom.11:25). But we must also recognize their blindness is only "IN PART", since Jews still are coming to Christ alone for salvation even today. I know several of them, and am thankful they were part of them that were NOT blinded. 

There is an agenda which is apparent to any who can Spiritually discern. The unsaved world wants to remove TRUTH because they find truth offensive.

During these perilous last days where the characteristics noted in 2 Tim.3:1-7,13 and Rom.1:18-32 are prevalent (we can see ALL of those characteristics right now on full display). I also see 4 major attacks that I can attest have risen over my lifetime, especially in the last couple of years.
#1 Antisemitism - hatred of Jews and replacement theology
#2 The pre-trib rapture is also under attack
#3  The gospel is under attack... many profess a false gospel which doesn't align with what God's word declares the gospel for the age of grace to be (1 Cor.15:1-4)
#4 The KJV Bible is also under attack. There are numerous PERversions which have come out that attempt to remove the deity of Christ and even worse attempt to give that  deity to lucifer. Besides the removal of numerous verses, the changing of words to mean something other than what God's word said, and the fact that these PERversions all have COPYRIGHTS owned by men... who can (AND DO) change the words in their PERversions often to come up with what they call 'updated' and 'revised' issues. God's word does NOT need to be copyrighted by mankind. Neither does it need to be 'updated' nor 'revised'. The entire goal of those PERversions is to cast doubt on God's word. Just like the serpent did in the garden by questioning "Yea, hath God said?" God preserved His word in the KJV for English speaking peoples. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/11/2017 at 1:30 AM, Ronda said:

Sadly, the devil has long loved to bring SOME Jews against Jews (and Christians). We see Judas as one example. I see today those such as George Soros and Mark Zuckerberg (facebook) with the same intent. I can myself testify to Zuckerberg's own antisemitism due to my posting a factual account of what Israel looked like in the 1800's wherein a king had given use of one of the first cameras and took photos of the area.. proving there were no arab 'palestinians' there at the time. Nothing but wasteland, overgrown with weeds and such. A few Jews remained, there were many former Christian dwellingplaces also overgrown and in disrepair. Even the arab abomination that currently sits on the temple grounds was in rot and decay with trees and bushes growing in front of and out of it's foundation and walls. All was desolate and abandoned, excpet for the few Jews there. Even just a couple of years ago those photos could be easily found on 'google' or other search engines. BUT today the search engine results yield a decidedly antisemitic anti-Jew, and anti-Christian compilation of results. 

Anyways... those photos were taken down by 'facebook security' claiming it went against their 'community standards'. Yet I had made NO calls for violence nor for murder of anyone. YET the same week I saw NUMEROUS muslim posts which actually called for the murder of Jews. When I (and numerous others) reported those posts calling for violence, those were NOT taken down! There is definitely an antisemitic platform that thrives on facebook (and many other prominent venues online). How sad that Zuckerberg is yet another self-loathing Jew. 

I also (as you profess to) have the love for Israel and the Jews that we are to have. I recognize that we (gentiles) are merely wild olive grafted in! (Rom.11:17) And it is dangerous grounds to boast of our salvation in comparison to them, also the false teaching of replacement theology is on the rise again... no doubt because these are the perilous last days. If more grace age believers actually understood the great PRIVILEGE we have by even being permitted into God's plan of salvation, for a specific purpose of God, whereas before salvation was of the Jews (John 4:22). Thankfully now we are in the age of grace... Jesus has gone to the cross and paid for our sins, He was buried and rose again the 3rd day (the gospel as outlined in 1 Cor.15:1-4). Right now Jews can come to Christ the same way Gentiles can. 
Yet, sadly, right now, in the age of grace, many Jews are still blind to the gospel... and will remain blind until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in (Rom.11:25). But we must also recognize their blindness is only "IN PART", since Jews still are coming to Christ alone for salvation even today. I know several of them, and am thankful they were part of them that were NOT blinded. 

There is an agenda which is apparent to any who can Spiritually discern. The unsaved world wants to remove TRUTH because they find truth offensive.

During these perilous last days where the characteristics noted in 2 Tim.3:1-7,13 and Rom.1:18-32 are prevalent (we can see ALL of those characteristics right now on full display). I also see 4 major attacks that I can attest have risen over my lifetime, especially in the last couple of years.
#1 Antisemitism - hatred of Jews and replacement theology
#2 The pre-trib rapture is also under attack
#3  The gospel is under attack... many profess a false gospel which doesn't align with what God's word declares the gospel for the age of grace to be (1 Cor.15:1-4)
#4 The KJV Bible is also under attack. There are numerous PERversions which have come out that attempt to remove the deity of Christ and even worse attempt to give that  deity to lucifer. Besides the removal of numerous verses, the changing of words to mean something other than what God's word said, and the fact that these PERversions all have COPYRIGHTS owned by men... who can (AND DO) change the words in their PERversions often to come up with what they call 'updated' and 'revised' issues. God's word does NOT need to be copyrighted by mankind. Neither does it need to be 'updated' nor 'revised'. The entire goal of those PERversions is to cast doubt on God's word. Just like the serpent did in the garden by questioning "Yea, hath God said?" God preserved His word in the KJV for English speaking peoples. 

I see this rapid turning on the state of Israel by their own people as a "sign" that things are getting close. I know we don't look for signs but Paul did mention we can know about "the times and seasons".  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

×
×
  • Create New...