• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

I have recently read a few articles on global warming and while I somewhat detest the tree hugger mentality, I do hate the idea of cutting down trees, and love wildlife reserves and such.  My question is this, are the "scientists" who are proclaiming that in the next 30-50 years the heat of our continent's will rise to nearly unbearable temperatures correct and if they are, do you think this is the preparation for events during the tribulation period concerning the trumpets and vials?  I am leaning toward yes in both instances but honestly I would like to read someone who I know can be trusted.

Your thoughts please. 

• Members

I agree NN, if it seemed I was doubting scripture I did not intend the post to read that way.  I have been teaching through Revelation for nearly 3 years and it just seems to me that many of the judgments of God deal with the heat of the world.  As such I wonder if God is giving us warning, even though he knows we will not head it. 

Revelation 16:8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.
Revelation 16:9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

The people of the future will know that God is behind the scorching of the sun and yet refuse to repent.  I believe the scientists may be right and that if they are it could be the beginning of what will be finished in the tribulation period.

• Members

I didn't think you were doubting scripture brother...I just gave what I was knowledgeable about. I wasn't aware that scientists are saying the temperatures will be almost unbearable in 30-50 years, so I didn't comment on that.

I also can't comment on whether it may lead up to the tribulation judgments if it does happen.

Sorry if I've already gotten your thread off track...

• Moderators

The cutting and use of trees was what God intended for us to do. Nothing was ever designed to be a 'preserve', as we were meant to go and subdue the earth. Though at the same time, we are to be good stewards of the earth and the animals and such, not to clear-cut forests and leave nothing in it's place, or to recklessly slaughter entire species' out of existence. Honestly, over the last 100 years, man has gotten better and we seek to replace the trees we cut, grow new forests, and preserve animal species-some of the best environmentalists today are hunters and loggers, because their livelihoods depend on there being animals to hunt and trees to cut.

As for the temperatures, they have been much higher than they are today, in the past, and everything remained just fine. As for becoming unbearable, according to scientists 20 years ago we should have been dying now. In 2006, you may be familiar with Al Gore's supposedly scientific 'truth' that within ten years, (last year) we would reach a tipping point, a point of no return when things would just get worse and temps would explode. And this last winter, as you may also recall, we had one of the wettest winters maybe ever since those numbers have been kept, at least here in California where we broke many rain and snow records after a long drought. And it is still going on-I hear there's lots of rain all over the country, (the US). 

I believe the incidents in Revelation will be direct acts of God, though I believe also that they people will not see His hand because they have been conditioned to look at any such thing as global climate change, and so will not repent of their sin, other than maybe their sin against the false earth goddess, Gaia. No, they will miss God and ignore His hand until Jesus Christ comes in the flesh.

• Members
2 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

I didn't think you were doubting scripture brother...I just gave what I was knowledgeable about. I wasn't aware that scientists are saying the temperatures will be almost unbearable in 30-50 years, so I didn't comment on that.

I also can't comment on whether it may lead up to the tribulation judgments if it does happen.

Sorry if I've already gotten your thread off track...

NP I never know if I misrepresented something so was just clarifying.