• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Church website contact.

• Members
On 2017/5/3 at 1:18 PM, DaveW said:

Why do these guys think that have any right to try to push false doctrine on a church at random.

I believe we are living in a day and age where there is hardly any respect for the man in the ministry, the scriptures, and the church. In fact, I believe that people purposely find fault with the man in the ministry, the scriptures, and the church. The amount of "internet theologians," is increasing and their boldness to question every doctrine, and the man in the ministry. These individuals are spoken by the Apostle Peter, "... Presumptuous are they, self-willed, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities." 2 Peter 2:10

I am not surprised that these perverted internet theologians are finding churches at random on the internet to question the good doctrines of the scriptures. In fact, my holy brethren, expect this practice to continue. Paul warned us in the last days, " ... despisers of those that are good." 2 Timothy 3:4

Has any of our brethren found it strange that every, and I mean every, doctrine, prophecy, church method, soul-winning method, IFB men in the ministry, has been questioned in the postings here on OnLine Baptist? 1 Timothy 6:4 is being fulfilled by these reprobates who question every thing a good IFB church, or man in the ministry, believes: "He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmising."

Dave, I am not surprised at all.

Alan

Edited by Alan
spelling (twice)

• Members

I think you've hit the nail on the head with the answer, brother Alan. 2 Tim.3 tells us of the characteristics in the perilous last days. Verses 1-7 and v.13 gives these 20 specifics:

1. Lovers of themeselves
2. Boasters
3. Proud
4. Blasphemers
5. Disobedient to parents
6. Unthankful
7. Unholy
8. Without natural affection
9. Trucebreakers
10. False accusers
11. Incontinent (unable/unwilling to control themselves)
12. Fierce (unnecessarily cruel and vicious)
13. Despisers of those that are good
14. Traitors
15. Heady (rash / willful) 
16. Highminded
17. Lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God
18. Having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof 
19. Ever learning but unable to come to the knowlege of the truth
20. Evil men/seducers wax worse and worse deceiving and being deceived

You can find the answer within several of these descriptions. In the case of those promoting a false gospel or ecumenicism, we can clearly see that "evil men and seducers" ARE getting progressively "worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived". Those are the ones who also have "a form of godliness, but deny the power thereof".

It'snot just these false doctrines and false and erroneous "more than one path" nonsense, but the unsaved world is ALSO increasingly rebelling against God and mocking true believers. 

I have noticed (and especially over the last 2-3 years in specific) that unbelievers have "got a grudge" not just against believers, but against ANYTHING truthful.  It's not just against churches, it's against conservative values, against ANY good thing in general. They HATE good and cling to evil. Not only so.. but they want to squash the free speech of anything truthful and replace it with what they even KNOW to be lies to appease their guilty consciences. They don't want to be reminded that they are sinners. So (in my personal experience over the last 2 or so years witnessing to the lost COMPARATIVELY with the many years prior witnessing to the lost)... they not only do NOT want to hear it, they want to OUTLAW the free speech of others to proclaim truth, especially the gospel, especially KJV scripture!

Yes, any of the characteristics noted in 2 Tim.3 have been around since Cain slew Abel. BUT we are seeing the convergence of end time prophecy lining up along with end time characteristics. I don't think it's for naught that the Lord said the last days would be "as in the days of Noe" and "as in the days of Lot"  (Luke 17). NOT just because of Romans 1:18-32 characteristics... but because of ALL sinful wickedness in the unsaved world is increasing exponentially. And while it's horrific to witness (and makes sharing the gospel more difficult than ever) it DOES also give us an indication of just how near the rapture is. 

Maranatha!

• Members

my two cents.  I taught this morning on Soul Liberty explaining to the Sunday School class that the wicked in Daniel 3 purposely used the law to get rid of the believers, Haman used the law to get rid of the Jews, the religious elite in Jesus's day used the law to rid the nation of Christ etc.  The fact is that when we speak our mind and hold our ground regardless of the cost wicked men and women will stop at nothing in their quest to silence the principles of the word of God.  As brother Alan has stated we need to prepare for worse days and accept we will be persecuted and yet determine we will practice Soul Liberty.

Secondly the word perilous used in 2 Timothy 3:1 is only used in one other verse in scripture and references the source and anger of the demon possessed man of Gadara. (Matthew 8) Leading me to believe Paul references a time of fierce demonic activity in the end times including possession.