• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

NEW BOOKLET: Ten Vital Things Parents Can Do to Help Children Keep Their Faith

• Members

I understand that these things cost money to produce, but to say that they are $2, but designed to be given away..........

If they are designed to be given away, then why not give them away?

That sort of thing bugs me.........

Edited by DaveW
Phone spelling

• Members

Please give the benefit of doubt here.  They are most likely saying that they are keeping the lost low so that you may buy for yourself to give away.  "Our Booklets are desinged to give away" they say....  not for them to give away to you.  They say as much as 50% off (at quantities) so that makes less than a dollar each.  You can't print much these days for less.  

I'm a little sensitive about this because I know for a fact that some ministries price and sell items below their cost (to produce them) just to get the info out there, yet some people still think they should give the stuff away for free.  I know a ministry that produces a book for new believers and sells it for cost.  Why? The author wants people to have and read the book.  Yet, people often complain when it is excluded from site wide sales. 

So please don't be bugged.... give them the benefit of the doubt unless facts prove otherwise... (I don't know them personally... I'm just sayin'....)

Edited by 1611mac

• Members

Nah, I understand the issues, but if it is designed to be given away then give it away and bear the cost.

I have no problem with people charging for their books, but to then say other people should bear the cost themselves..... that bugs me.

Charge people and let them decide for themselves. I am totally ok with that.

I actually think that a writer should be paid for his work, and have the greatest respect for those who decide to give their books or videos away.

Your associate does just that with some of his work, and charges for others.

I don't know if he just covers costs or he uses the proceeds to support his family and ministry - I would hope it is the latter, because it is hard enough to get by today as it is.

• Members

Actually, if you buy only one to five copies it is $1.95 per copy, but if you buy multiple copies the cost per item is less.
If you buy 6-25 copies they are $1.66 each
If you buy 2 or more copies they are only $1.46 each 
If you buy more, the price is even less!
The link above is incorrect.
Here is the correct page:
http://www.lighthousetrails.com/home/1389-10-vital-things-parents-can-do-to-help-children-keep-their-faith.html

If you have ever bought tracts (as I used to regularly) they have the same pricing guidelines. The more you buy, the less cost per item (usually).
There ARE places that offer "free" tracts... they don't REQUIRE you to pay for them, but they are not actually FREE because it costs the company to manufacture/print them. 

I suppose a person's thoughts on this depends on how much work he/she does reaching the lost, and what tools one employs to do so...
Some people only witness to people face to face, some people use tracts and leave in businesses or direct mail them, some people use internet, some people use a combination of all of these venues.
Sadly, some don't witness at all :( 

I USED TO (even up until a few months ago) send out many tracts per month to RANDOM people as I felt led. It depended on how much money I had left remaining after the bills were paid.
NOW, I use the internet to witness to the lost. There are so many places a person can interject the gospel message to the lost... facebook, twitter, other social media platforms where the predominant users are the unsaved world. And don't they need the gospel MOST???
It is truly a RIPE area to share the gospel. I can't say you could do so without first understanding you WILL be mocked, ridiculed, threatened, cussed at, and worse... but if you have the heart to reach the lost, there are more places online to do so today than one could EVER reach with mere tracts.

Sadly, some don't bother to do that either because they FEAR ridicule. God's word forewarns us this will be the case ( Rom.8:17, Phil.1:29, 2 Cor.1:5, Phil.3:8, John 15:18-20, 2 Tim.3:12, 1 Pet.4:1-16, et al).  But if ever there was a time to share the gospel it is NOW! Who knows how long before the gospel is censored? It already is beginning to be censored on facebook (as well as scripture in general and conservative speech). I implore anyone with the time and the fortitude (with the Lord's help) to withstand the criticism, mockery, and attacks that WILL result to SHARE the gospel as much as possible before censorship online is full blown.