• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prayers for someone's salvation

• Members

There's some people in my life, that I suspect, aren't saved. 

Some people on my husband's and Mom's side of the family, and one of my Dr.'s. 

Although, I don't know if my Dr. Is a Christian, he doesn't have very Godly things on his Facebook, and anytime I bring up anything Christian related, he changes the topic quickly. 

On my husband's side, I only know for sure that his brother named Jacob, says he's not religious. I'm not sure about his other siblings, though. 

On my Mom's side, the ones i know aren't beleivers are, my Grandpa, Uncle, and a few of my cousins. 

Please pray for these people, in my life. I really want them to know the Lord. 

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Update: I found out my dr. Is a Mormon. So I suppose he beleives in God, but he's in a very messed up "denomination ", if you can even call it that. I don't beleive Mormonism is a true Christian group, because of some of the crazy things they believe. 

• Members
On 7/1/2017 at 5:29 PM, Roselove said:

Update: I found out my dr. Is a Mormon. So I suppose he beleives in God, but he's in a very messed up "denomination ", if you can even call it that. I don't beleive Mormonism is a true Christian group, because of some of the crazy things they believe. 

My wife was a former Mormon. Mormonism is a false religion. They believe Jesus is their older brother and nothing more. They do not believe He is God the Son.

They have a myriad of unscriptural beliefs.

• Members
8 minutes ago, TheSword1227 said:

My wife was a former Mormon. Mormonism is a false religion. They believe Jesus is their older brother and nothing more. They do not believe He is God the Son.

They have a myriad of unscriptural beliefs.

Indeed, they have a lot of blasphemous viewpoints. I don't even understand how you can associate with the Bible and think such twisted things. It makes me very sad, for them..

• Members
24 minutes ago, TheSword1227 said:

If you give me some first names of those in your life that need prayer, my wife and I would be happy to include them with our own prayers.

Thank you! I truly appreciate it! 

Their names are: Arthur, Bob, Phillip, Jacob, Madelyn, Aaron, Carolyn, Katie, Carley, Aiden, David, Miguel, and Taj.

• Members

Pray for my salvation I want faith I want to believe my life is a lonely struggle I work hard to raise my daughters alone my wife who is not the mother of my children left me just as their mother did but I do my best maybe I have too much immaturity and too much lack of faith actually I have no faith I don't know if I ever did but I'm reaching out to anyone who will show me how to have faith but reading scriptures does not help I do not know why but someone has to imprint an impression on my soul and heart and bypass my stubborn mind there has to be a way because I want to believe I really do and not just for my soul but my children's how do I find faith it's seems so troublesome to ask but maybe just maybe there is someone out there who has the right answer to explain and make me understand the answer I'm trying to learn trying to believe but it's a struggle 

• Members

Samuel,

Hello, and welcome. I'm sorry to hear of your troubles and struggles. 

I see that you said that you want to have faith, but reading scripture doesn't help...

The word of God is exactly where faith comes from.

(Romans 10:17) So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

There is no magic formula to having faith. When we read God's word (or hear it), the Holy Spirit will work in our heart, mind, and soul to confirm the truth of God's word...

I can only guess that you're like many others; in that, when you read scripture, perhaps it doesn't make sense, so you stop reading it? That's what so often happens. There are spiritual reasons for that, but I won't go into that now.

If you want faith...true faith...then you will only get it through God's word.

What I would suggest is for you to read the Gospel of John. Don't hurry through it. Just read a chapter a day if you're comfortable with that. However, as you are reading it, pause periodically, and think about what you've read. Then think about it again throughout the day.

Then, after you've done that, do the same with the book of Romans.