• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

new arrival just checked-in

• Members

A few words about myself.

My name is Rangi (Paul actually, Rangi has a maori meaning) and I live in England. I happened on your great site by predestination. I have been a member of my local Baptist Church for 19 years. Prior to that, I was living in New zealand were I worshipped at my local Baptist Church.

For now, I will spend a while in the background just learning from others.

Christian Love for ever, Paul.

• Members

Hi, guys.

And thanks for your replies.

Seeing john asked: Don't leave us wondering, what's the meaning of Rangi. - I might as well answer john's question.

Rangi is short for Rangiwahia. Its a tiny township in the north island of NZ where I first heard the gospel and within weeks called upon the Lord Jesus to save me!

Interestingly, the meaning of the name Rangiwahia, is "an opening in the heavens."

I will join in the discusions later, but my time at present is needed elsewhere.

Christian Love forever.

Paul.

• Members
Hi, guys.

And thanks for your replies.

Seeing john asked: Don't leave us wondering, what's the meaning of Rangi. - I might as well answer john's question.

Rangi is short for Rangiwahia. Its a tiny township in the north island of NZ where I first heard the gospel and within weeks called upon the Lord Jesus to save me!

Interestingly, the meaning of the name Rangiwahia, is "an opening in the heavens."

I will join in the discusions later, but my time at present is needed elsewhere.

Christian Love forever.

Paul.

We have a missionary family headed your way. Let me get that name for you. P.S. which island were you on and are you still there?

• Members

Welcome to Online Baptist, Paul! What an awsome name.

That is so beautiful!! John, thanks for asking. And, thank you for telling us, Rangi.

In Christ Jesus ~

candlelight

• Members

Tim. Hi.

I see you asked: We have a missionary family headed your way. Let me get that name for you. P.S. which island were you on and are you still there?

Me and my family were based on our sheep-station in the centre of the North Island halfway between the native bush and the snow-line. In fact, the area where we lived and farmed was in the exact valley where the last HUIA BIRD (a native NZ bird) became extinct at the arrival of the europeans. In fact Tim, straying off the subject a bit, when I was a youngish man I had the delightfull privilege of being commissioned to paint those actual two extinct birds. [apparently the early English settlers and the maoris chiefs loved their feathers and were hunted to extinction] Those last two birds were in the possession of my friend roger woods father. He and the local community approached me to put their images on canvas just in case their homestead caught fire and the birds were lost. The two birds were stuffed and had been in a glass box-cum-frame for generations.

At present Tim. I live in England with my family.

Spiritually Tim, England is much like New Zealand, in that the decline of the voice of true biblical christianity is very near silent these days :sad . Only those with a very liberal theology or happen to shout the loudest, or, worse, throw-in the towel part-way with Evolution or with Atheism seem to get quality time with the media.

And as discerning Christians know, as time unfolds the love of many will grow cold (Matt 24:12). And aren't we seeing this more and more!

"When the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?" (Luke 18:8). - By this Jesus seems to suggest that there will be very few genuine believers on earth at the time of His second advent. Which flies in the face of roman catholicism's boast that she is the true church; and hoping to prove this She points her critics and admirerers to the ever increasing numbers of new priests coming forward to join her and to the nausating admiration the vatican receives from the blind-leading-the-blind world leaders.

Christian love forever.

Paul.

• Members
Welcome' date=' we'll leave the Light on for you.[/quote']

dad..

Hi. will that be a low-energy bulb?

If all else fails, I suppose I could always use my torch! [or is it a flashlight in the states?]

Paul.

• Members
Tim. Hi.

I see you asked: We have a missionary family headed your way. Let me get that name for you. P.S. which island were you on and are you still there?

Me and my family were based on our sheep-station in the centre of the North Island halfway between the native bush and the snow-line. In fact, the area where we lived and farmed was in the exact valley where the last HUIA BIRD (a native NZ bird) became extinct at the arrival of the europeans. In fact Tim, straying off the subject a bit, when I was a youngish man I had the delightfull privilege of being commissioned to paint those actual two extinct birds. [apparently the early English settlers and the maoris chiefs loved their feathers and were hunted to extinction] Those last two birds were in the possession of my friend roger woods father. He and the local community approached me to put their images on canvas just in case their homestead caught fire and the birds were lost. The two birds were stuffed and had been in a glass box-cum-frame for generations.

At present Tim. I live in England with my family.

Spiritually Tim, England is much like New Zealand, in that the decline of the voice of true biblical christianity is very near silent these days :sad . Only those with a very liberal theology or happen to shout the loudest, or, worse, throw-in the towel part-way with Evolution or with Atheism seem to get quality time with the media.

And as discerning Christians know, as time unfolds the love of many will grow cold (Matt 24:12). And aren't we seeing this more and more!

"When the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?" (Luke 18:8). - By this Jesus seems to suggest that there will be very few genuine believers on earth at the time of His second advent. Which flies in the face of roman catholicism's boast that she is the true church; and hoping to prove this She points her critics and admirerers to the ever increasing numbers of new priests coming forward to join her and to the nausating admiration the vatican receives from the blind-leading-the-blind world leaders.

Christian love forever.

Paul.

Rangi,
I just looked back at your original post. Sorry, NZ stuck for me and England did not. Anyway, the family headed to NZ is the Snyder family. They are a large family (9 children). They are Independent Baptist. Maybe they could get some information from you that would help them over there. Let me know if you think you could give any information which might help them. I'm not sure which island they will be on.