• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prayers Needed

• Members

Sydney has the killer spiders, but it is just really a big(ish) city and that is about enough reason to stay way.:laugh:

Move to Perth, Western Australia - nothing here wants to kill ya.

Unless you go into the water - a few sharks in the ocean. But not many that bite.

And if you go into the bush you might find a tiger snake or a Dugite or a king brown, any of which could kill you if you catch them on a bad day.

I might stop now because I don't think I am doing much good to my cause!:15_1_63:

But seriously, there really isn't much here that wants to kill you, in spite of the talk.

But it costs a lot to get here.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Rosie said:

I recommend central florida.. the southern part is so noisey and busy

I agree with Rosie, central Florida is best. A lot less people, not as hot in summer. I lived within 20 minutes of the Gulf. That gives you the best of both worlds because you can get to the water for boating, fishing and swimming without a long drive, But you also have access to the central part of Florida, away from the salt water. The central part is great for camping, fresh water fishing, beautiful lazy rivers and marvelous horse ranch and citrus fruit growing country.

• Members
51 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Its early, not quite awake yet, but I must be dense, I don't get it. What am I missing here? Dave evidently got it since he posted a laughing smiley.

Bro. Jim, he caught my intended humor from this post...

10 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

A word to the wise...

Under no circumstances, should you take your seven-year old son to work with you and allow him to peruse the main control panel of a water plant unattended.

The lights, knobs, swiches, and buttons were too tempting to him...

It took me roughly three hours to recover from it and start pumping water again...

• Members
4 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

OK NN I get it now. I guess I was trying to fit your post in with the actual subject, so I wasn't making any sense out of it. I guess it comes with getting old.

You're right...it did appear to have nothing to do with the actual subject at first glance.

However, it actually did have much to do with the subject, but I failed to clarify that. I took our son to work with me in order to give my wife some quiet time.

My apologies.

• Moderators
On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 7:22 PM, No Nicolaitans said:

We're trying to slowly get our house ready to sell. Our dream (Lord willing) is to move to Florida or Australia...looks like Florida is going to win.

I own an acre and a half in NW Fla (also known as L.A. -- Lower Alabama). It has a 200 amp service, septic and water (used to have a home until a tornado from hurricane Ivan). Livestock allowed, houses allowed, mobile homes allowed. It's in the country, 5 miles to the convenience store, 12 miles to Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Office Depot in Milton -- 20 to Crestview, 30 to Pensacola  (90 miles to Bro. Webb --- "heartstrings"). It's in East Milton -- between Milton, FL and Harold, FL. 20 miles to the Gulf, 7 miles to the boat ramp (no charge) on the Yellow River. If you think you might be interested send me a PM and I'll give you the address (and Lat / Long coordinates so you can look it up on Google Earth), my cell phone number, and a price.

• Members
16 hours ago, OLD fashioned preacher said:

I own an acre and a half in NW Fla (also known as L.A. -- Lower Alabama). It has a 200 amp service, septic and water (used to have a home until a tornado from hurricane Ivan). Livestock allowed, houses allowed, mobile homes allowed. It's in the country, 5 miles to the convenience store, 12 miles to Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Office Depot in Milton -- 20 to Crestview, 30 to Pensacola  (90 miles to Bro. Webb --- "heartstrings"). It's in East Milton -- between Milton, FL and Harold, FL. 20 miles to the Gulf, 7 miles to the boat ramp (no charge) on the Yellow River. If you think you might be interested send me a PM and I'll give you the address (and Lat / Long coordinates so you can look it up on Google Earth), my cell phone number, and a price.

Thank you OFP. I know that I could trust you, and I deeply appreciate your willingness in offering this.

However, our plans are to just rent. We've been on both sides of it...renting and home ownership. To be honest, with all that we've been through, home ownership isn't all that it's cracked up to be...at least it hasn't been for us. Life was much simpler when we were renting. Still, I'm not writing off buying. Plus, our "hopeful" move is still a good ways off from now.

I will present this to my wife, and if it's something that we both agree to investigate, I will ask you again in the future. If you've sold it by then, then praise the Lord!

• Members

I just saw this post also. Will be praying for you. Your vows likely said "in sickness and health", besides the fact that you love the Lord and intend to do right by your wife, and by Him. Good godly men stick by their wives even when disability strikes. Good for you <3 :) (was going to post an emoticon, but they are a little TOO emoti for me... bouncing/jumping/flashing, haha).

• Moderators
14 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Thank you OFP. I know that I could trust you, and I deeply appreciate your willingness in offering this.

However, our plans are to just rent. We've been on both sides of it...renting and home ownership. To be honest, with all that we've been through, home ownership isn't all that it's cracked up to be...at least it hasn't been for us. Life was much simpler when we were renting. Still, I'm not writing off buying. Plus, our "hopeful" move is still a good ways off from now.

I will present this to my wife, and if it's something that we both agree to investigate, I will ask you again in the future. If you've sold it by then, then praise the Lord!

No problem, Ivan was 2004. I've been sitting on it. If you decide later, it may still be available. I don't have any current plan to put any real effort into selling it until about 2020 or 2022 (if I'm still residing on this side of Glory.) The current property taxes are around $200 / yr.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Things are returning to normal. There's still a little shaky ground, but thank you all for your prayers! The Lord is greatly to be praised!

As a side note...

We are now playing the "transfer game"; in that, we're trying to get out of debt in anticipation for our move. I've never been a fan of Discover cards, but I transferred a small credit card balance to Discover to get the balance paid off quicker with 0% interest.

I don't mean to sound mean, uncaring, or even the slightest bit racist...but it sure was nice to speak to another American while doing this. There was no language confusion at all.

That's one of their "selling points"...100% U.S.-based customer service available anytime.

...although, the last lady I talked to sounded like she was 13 years old. :laugh: