• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prayers Needed

• Members

Thank you all. Things are going surprisingly well. Thank you Lord! 

Other than...

I was pulled over by the police last night on my way home from work...no lights on my license plate. I had no idea they were out. He was nice and courteous...just letting me know they were out.

Took our cat to the vet...she has an abscess and has either flea allergies, or she is stressed and needs medicine to control her stress and anxiety...

I'm sorry if this offends anyone...especially...cough, cough...PETA pundits...but...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! 

That's almost $200 that wasn't planned for.

Other than that, my wife is doing well with all things considered. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for your prayers and please continue if you will.

Cat psychology...

LOLOLOLOL! 

• Members

Got the cat home today. She has a drain tube attached so the infection can drain. I didn't want that in the house, so I built her a pen outside out of a dismantled pallet that I got from work. Went and bought chicken wire to close it in so she'd be safe to stay outside. Did this for my wife. I'm an old country boy and usually let nature take its course with animals, but I see all of this as a way to help my wife since she loves that stinkin' cat so much. ;)

$70 more dollars at the Vet due to complications, and I have to take the cat back Friday so they can remove the drain tube...probably another charge for that. LOL!

21 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

or she is stressed and needs medicine to control her stress and anxiety...

21 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

CATastrophe avoided

During the session, all of the cat's anxiety was traced back to when she was a kitten. tee hee...

My wife is doing well, and this trial has brought us even closer. Thank you all for your prayers. Please continue if the thought crosses your mind.

• Members
9 minutes ago, No Nicolaitans said:

During the session, all of the cat's anxiety was traced back to when she was a kitten. tee hee...

My wife is doing well, and this trial has brought us even closer. Thank you all for your prayers. Please continue if the thought crosses your mind.

She never knew her dad, and the others in her litter kept pushing her off the teat - hardly surprising that she has anxiety issues...... :laugh:

I am not fussy on animals (I like them, but if they get sick I am happy to let them deal with it and see the result) - but a couple of hundred spent to help your wife be at ease is definitely worthwhile - forget the cat - it is really about the wife......

• Members

My wife and I did some "home improvement" today. We painted one of our doors black on one side (the side that faces outdoors); it opens out onto our carport. We haven't decided what to do about the front door...whether to paint it red (or a blue color) or stain it again. The black color was my wife's idea, and I wasn't that keen on it; however, it looks really good!

Then, I got to have some destructive fun and removed the handrail and balusters from the bottom flight of our stairwell...the newels are coming down tomorrow. 

We continuously find all of the great work and craftsmanship that went into our house...it was built in 1998; we bought it in 2006. The handrail was attached to the newels with drywall screws...

The newel on the bottom floor is (and has been) loose ever since we bought the house, but our son has ensured its looseness over the years. :laugh: Wouldn't surprise me to find that it's attached with rubber bands at this point...

We're trying to slowly get our house ready to sell. Our dream (Lord willing) is to move to Florida or Australia...looks like Florida is going to win. My wife keeps seeing videos of people getting bitten by killer spiders in Australia, so she's afraid to move there. :laugh:  No matter how much I reassure her that it's not really like that, she just won't have it. So...we're hoping to move to a place with killer alligators instead. :4_11_3: :laugh:

My wife is doing well, and I'm cherishing this time of closeness that we're experiencing. Thank you all for praying.