• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Rebinding a Bible

• Moderators

I put this under King James Bible, because it concerns my Bible.

So I have a Bible I have been using now for about 17 years. The exterior is still in pretty good shape, but my pages from around 1Timothy through most of revelation have detached and I have to fight to keep them in place so I don't lose them. It's not something I can really use duct tape for, and I am thinking about rebinding it.

Anyone know of any reliable but affordable rebinding options? Most seem to want about $90 and up for it. of course, like most preachers, and probably others who have well-used a particular Bible, I have notes and such in it that I like, and it is a kind that is very hard to find, and the few I do find are hard back, and I don't want a hard back. Any thoughts or ideas?

thanks

• Administrators

Mine was the same way Bro. Mike. I had mine done by Mechling Book Bindry. Their website is here: https://www.mechlingbooks.com/

I don't remember how much it cost, but seem to think it was reasonable. I had mine rebound in 2013, I had this Bible since 1978 and the pages were coming out. I had lots of notes I didn't want to lose so had it rebound.

You could call them and see what their pricing is like. They did an excellent job.

• Members

Certainly glad you brought this up...Mechling Book Bindery, in Butler PA appears to be about 1.5 - 2.0 Hrs. from where I live. I have an old Cambridge Wide Margin in similar shape. I may have to pay them a visit. I have a store over that direction I want to visit anyway. Thanks Mike and Jim.

• Members

The only time I had a Bible rebound was as a gift that my wife gave me. It was an old Thompson Chain Reference that I had worn out and had all kinds of notes and highlights in. She had it rebound for me as a surprise birthday gift. Real leather, and it was beautiful. Six months later, it was stolen...AT CHURCH!

• Moderators
On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 4:51 PM, Jim_Alaska said:

Mine was the same way Bro. Mike. I had mine done by Mechling Book Bindry. Their website is here: https://www.mechlingbooks.com/

I don't remember how much it cost, but seem to think it was reasonable. I had mine rebound in 2013, I had this Bible since 1978 and the pages were coming out. I had lots of notes I didn't want to lose so had it rebound.

You could call them and see what their pricing is like. They did an excellent job.

Well my work computer doesn't like the page and won't let me go there. I will look at them tonight. Thanks.

I have also been looking at sites with instructions on how to rebind it myself, which is something I may try. I will practice on some non-KJV books first for practice and when I feel I am adept enough I will do my own. I will have to use one of my regular reading Bibles for a while for preaching until I get it done.

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 8:33 PM, No Nicolaitans said:

The only time I had a Bible rebound was as a gift that my wife gave me. It was an old Thompson Chain Reference that I had worn out and had all kinds of notes and highlights in. She had it rebound for me as a surprise birthday gift. Real leather, and it was beautiful. Six months later, it was stolen...AT CHURCH!

Wow. Well, they must have needed one badly. Maybe the Lord will use it to convict them and they'll return it one day.

• Members
1 hour ago, Ukulelemike said:

Wow. Well, they must have needed one badly. Maybe the Lord will use it to convict them and they'll return it one day.

Maybe...but that was about 15 years ago.

It was the Bible given to me by the church that licensed me to preach. Someone in that same church stole it back. LOL!