• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Winkler murder

Guest Guest
Don't blame you at all - just make sure that if he says no' date=' you don't push it! Sometimes a woman's passion can get a man's dander up. If he says no, just keep praying about it and try again another time. [/quote']

I know. LOL. This reminds me of a time when my pastor was standing in our church bookstore---"The Grace Place." He was the only man in there, waving books around for women to encourage their hubbies to read. You see, we have many "sports nuts" in my church. It was so nice when our church formed a softball team this spring. :thumb My hubby's thing is cowboy movies, and golf---at the present time. hehe. He is now watching "Hogans Heroes" re-runs at night. Talk about history repeating itself---it brings back fond memories of my dad---except, they aren't so fond when it is your huuby engrossed in the TV. :smile :pray :pray :pray

Guest Guest
We subscribe to Netflix (really nice) and then have our own videos' date=' and antenna tv for basic ballgames and news (we rarely watch that) and etc.[/quote']

Hey kita. This is what one of my SILS did---to a tee. :thumb Hmmm? I have an idea. hehe.

Guest Guest
Hey - my hubby likes golf' date=' too! And he likes to watch westerns, too.[/quote']

:praise: My hubby isn't the only one. hehe. BTW, my MIL says she is probably to blame for this whole "TV frenzy" thing with her boys--- because it was pretty much forbidden in their home. Now, she says they are making up for lost time. :lol :puzzled: The poor lady---she is such a good Godly woman.

Guest Guest
Whats with old westerns and guys? Ugh! My hubby too' date=' and he gets my kids involved too. Sheesh....[/quote']

I really don't get it either. Although, "The Riffleman" series from awhile ago has a Christian based theme. It is pretty good. :thumb

• Members

Interesting how this thread went from the Winkler Murder to Rifleman! :P

Anyways I DO see a relation between violence and TV. Yet another reason Samer and I have decided not to have a television in our home. If we want to watch anything we watch it on the computer, and that not very often. I've noticed in the past if I watch crime shows I tend to have violent dreams and random thoughts cross my mind that shouldn't be there. I'm glad that TV isn't a part of my life anymore.

I feel sorry for the Thompson brothers...though I feel what they did was excessive. On eof my close friends went to their Bible college for a few semesters and said that there was some strange stuff going on...so I don't really know what to think. God is a faithful Judge, though, and the Judge of the earth will do right. God knows the truth about all these situations (Winkler and Thompson) and justice will be done in one way or the other.

Guest Guest
Interesting how this thread went from the Winkler Murder to Rifleman!

Well, joyfulpraise---we just decided to "try" and get this thread back on topic. :lol

God is a faithful Judge' date=' though, and the Judge of the earth will do right. God knows the truth about all these situations (Winkler and Thompson) and justice will be done in one way or the other.[/quote']

:amen::goodpost: Yes---He certainly is. :clap: