• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"Let My Women Go"

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I tend to agree with you. But your response sidesteps my question (which was addressed to Jerry, so you don't really have to answer it if you don't want to :wink ). I asked, "What would be your opinion of a MAN who wore this pantsuit?" Let's say a man walked into your church wearing one of these purple numbers...What would you think of him?

I'd definitely think he was a queer. Even if it was black or dark blue or any other more "manly" color, it would make a man look like a sodomite just because of the style.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest
I understand that it's a personal conviction for many people, and I have absolutely no problem with that.

I just have a problem with people making it a rule that everyone must follow in order to be spiritual. That's unBiblical.

Well---I am back for a brief time. I will have to say this on this topic. I have seen some women who have looked very sloppily dressed in dresses and skirts. JMO. Their clothes looked like rags ready for the rag basket. Then, I have seen other women wear capris and gouchos, and various other pant suit type outfits that looked incredible and appropriate. They were modest---as opposed to the women with the worn out dresses looking like they could be used for dust cloths. Now---no one get upset, I have never seen any of you---so this is not referring to any lady on OB. This is just my experience on this topic. I rest my case. :smile BTW, neatness and cleanliness is my thing.

• Members

Jerry, and others, what would you think about a man who sported one of these pantsuits? Or, maybe I should ask, would you as a MAN think it is right to wear one yourself? (Not talking about your opinion regarding the aesthetics of the garments...but if you think it would be RIGHT for you to wear one of these things to church. Why or why not?)

http://www.metrostyle.com/clothing/Pleated-Pocket-Pantsuit.aspx?PfId=144743&DeptId=14684&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=0

http://www.oldpueblotraders.com/pagebuilder/thumbnail?cat=apparel&subcat=suits&cgid1=2544&pageid=1879&searchid=41c6b8f7&pagesize=999&source=OPGOG8&tid=SGE&GCID=S31265x001&gtkw=pantsuit

Guest Guest
Jerry' date=' and others, what would you think about a man who sported one of these pantsuits? [/quote']

Annie---I am laughing so hard. :lol: You are too much! Talk about a great end to a good evening. Thanks, sister. :thumb

• Members
  • Members
In my opinion such clothing is unfit for either gender. It is of a hybrid design.

But you haven't answered my question, Revelation3:20. I asked what you would think of a MAN in an outfit like this one...as in, what would be your gut reaction when you saw a man dressed like this?

Guest Guest
Yes...for example' date=' I think these outfits and/or accessories definitely send a masculine message:[/quote']

I love the suits. However, the hats. Hmmm? Our IFB guys would probably forget to take them off during service. :lol The pastor would be yelling at everyone for what they were wearing. hehe. I love the military style hats, though. :thumb

• Members
But you haven't answered my question, Revelation3:20. I asked what you would think of a MAN in an outfit like this one...as in, what would be your gut reaction when you saw a man dressed like this?

My "gut reaction" as you put it, would be similar to my reaction when I see men with long hair, boys with their pant almost falling off, women in pants, and so forth. I would understand that they are either the lost world or immature Christians. Doesn't mean I would shun them, doesn't mean I would "look down" on them, but it does tell me where they are coming from.

• Members
My "gut reaction" as you put it' date=' would be similar to my reaction when I see men with long hair, boys with their pant almost falling off, women in pants, and so forth. I would understand that they are either the lost world or immature Christians. Doesn't mean I would shun them, doesn't mean I would "look down" on them, but it does tell me where they are coming from.[/quote']
Right...but why would you put them in that category (worldly)?

How would you explain to your son why he should not wear garments like these (assuming he wanted to)?

• Members

That would go back to my first response. They are a hybrid style. It takes a male article of clothing and attempts to feminize it. It is like putting lipstick on a pig. It is still a pig, just a unnatural looking pig. I wouldn't commend it if someone made a line of dresses for men either. I wouldn't care if they made certain alterations to better fit the male figure, or if they came in masculine colors. They would still be a hybrid, lipstick on a pig, neither here nor there. Confusion. Unfit for men or women; just like feminized pants.