• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

And He will reprove "the world".....

• Members

I just noticed something that has been staring me in the face the whole time:

And when he is come, he will reprove sinners of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: no

And when he is come, he will reprove the elect of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: huh uh

And when he is come, he will reprove planet earth of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: how do you reprove a planet? :)

John 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: correct

That;s not talking about this planet; it's talking about every human being on the planet, (and those in the space stations). The "Comforter's" job( the Holy Spirit)  is to convict every single man woman and child . 

Edited by heartstrings

• Members

Guess I expected folks to read my mind.

It's the difference between the belief that says God only "draws" or "enables" a chosen few and the other which says that He draws all men. The "reproving the planet" comment was just a silly little interjection. Sorry.

Edited by heartstrings

• Administrators

Now I see bro. Wayne. makes perfect sense once a foundation is established. You must be getting up there in age; I say that because I am already up there and recognize the signs. I am quite often accused, and rightly so, of saying something that had come into my mind, with no foundation for what I say. It was just a thought I was having and I seem to forget that others may not be privy to my innermost thoughts.   :15_1_63: