• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

BBN or nothing in my truck.

• Members

We don't have a lot of options for radio stations here in the Appalachia foothills. I keep my truck tuned to the local BBN station...the only other NON-options are K-love and recently a Catholic station.

Are there some internet radio stations worth listening to?

• Members

Nothing in out two cars as the CD player in the truck doesn't work, and the tape player in the neon doesn't work.

The church car has a usb with hours upon hours of music on it which it figures out how to play by itself.

If I listen to radio at all it is news or sport (usually cricket). The so called "Christian" radio station here is chock full of compromise. Must by law play a variety of music including non-christian stuff....... who would even agree to a licence like that?

• Members

Honestly I don't know since we likely don't listen to the same kind of music but have you tried Pandora? I use it and it's pretty good. I'd be really surprised if they don't have what you're looking for on it. 

I remember flipping past the Catholic station and they would just drone on the "Hail Mary" for literally hours at a time I think I'd shoot myself if I had to listen to K-LOVE.  

But try Pandora. They ought to have something you're looking for.

• Members
11 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

As Bro. Alan said, the Instrumental station of Abiding Radio is my favorite.

In addition, I also listen to FBN Radio...

http://www.fbnradio.com/

We have a similar local station that I listen to while driving...it's also online...

http://grnradio.org/

No Nicolaitans,

Thanks for letting us know about the grnradio.org station. I added the grnradio.org to my favorites list.

I also checked out the website. It is a ministry of the Gary Barnes and Family Evangelistic Ministry. Here is the link: http://barnesministries.com/about_us.html It seems like a fine ministry.

Alan

• Members
1 hour ago, Alan said:

No Nicolaitans,

Thanks for letting us know about the grnradio.org station. I added the grnradio.org to my favorites list.

I also checked out the website. It is a ministry of the Gary Barnes and Family Evangelistic Ministry. Here is the link: http://barnesministries.com/about_us.html It seems like a fine ministry.

Alan

They do have a fine ministry, and they are a fine family too.

I have all three of those stations saved on our computers' media players too. That way, they can be listened to without having to open the web browser. :)

• Members

I don't listen to the radio or CDs whilst driving.  he only time I usually have the radio on is when we are driving a distance and my wife wants the local station to have the travel news. I hete musical wallpaper.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Invicta said:

I don't listen to the radio or CDs whilst driving.  he only time I usually have the radio on is when we are driving a distance and my wife wants the local station to have the travel news. I hete musical wallpaper.

My only problem listening to the radio or streaming while driving is that I'm always hearing new songs I want to remember to buy later and can never write them down because I'm driving