• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

11 Kings 20:18

• Members

Rosie,

You need to be commended for your fine understanding of the scriptures. The Lord has blessed you very much.

I am sure that the Lord is referring to Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abendago.

Daniel 1:3 states, "And the king spake unto Ashpenaz the master of the eunuchs, that he should bring certain of the children of Israel, and of the king's seed, and of the princes'"  in Daniel 1:7 the scriptures lists all of their names.

Daniel 1:7, "Unto whom the prince o the eunuchs gave names: for he gave unto Daniel the name of Belteshazzar; and to Hananiah, of Shadrach; and to Mishael, of Meshach; and to Azariah, of Abednego."

Alan

Edited by Alan
grammer & changed colored font

• Members

Sister Rosie,

In answer to your question -- Not necessarily.

2 Kings 20:18 speaks specifically about King Hezekiah's own sons, that would issue from his own loins, that he himself would beget. 

However, Daniel 1:3 indicates that children from the families of Israel would be taken from three different groupings:

1.  "of the children of Israel"
2.  "and of the king's seed" (see 2 Kings 20:18)
3.  "and of the princes"

Then Daniel 1:6 simply indicates that Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah were among those who were taken.  Yet it does NOT specify from which of the above three categories.  It only specifies that they were "of the children of Judah."  Personally, I would think that if they were actually "of the king's seed," this phrase would have said "of the king's seed" rather than "of the children of Judah."  As such, at this point I myself would "lean away" from concluding that they were "of the king's seed."