• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

ads blocking my responses

• Members

Hello Matt,

Most days the ads on this website prevent me from typing directly into the post response box.  I must type into MS Word and then copy and paste, then remove formatting before I can respond.  If I can find the ads and close them I can then type directly and post, if not I have to close out of the forum and re-log back in.

It is most frustrating, as near as I can tell they are google ads.  Is there no way to remove them from the forum?

• Members
46 minutes ago, Orval said:

Hello Matt,

Most days the ads on this website prevent me from typing directly into the post response box.  I must type into MS Word and then copy and paste, then remove formatting before I can respond.  If I can find the ads and close them I can then type directly and post, if not I have to close out of the forum and re-log back in.

It is most frustrating, as near as I can tell they are google ads.  Is there no way to remove them from the forum?

Matt I think I figured it out with some help from the internet.  I turned off Microsoft ads in my windows 10.  seems to have worked.  the ads on the forum show up immediately and are not constantly reloading.  you can ignore this post. 

• Members
2 hours ago, Orval said:

Matt I think I figured it out with some help from the internet.  I turned off Microsoft ads in my windows 10.  seems to have worked.  the ads on the forum show up immediately and are not constantly reloading.  you can ignore this post. 

Orval... surely ads were not only showing up on the forum here? Didn't you have them elsewhere?  Why not add an ad blocker to your web browser.  Your browser also probably has some "security settings" to help block this junk.  

• Members

Yes... but that is an abuse of Flash... not a problem with Flash itself.  Though one could probably disable Flash completely some websites still do use Flash for legitimate reasons. One needs to be sure to always have the latest version of Flash and also run GOOD virus/malware software on their computer.  Users should also LEARN about all the security settings on their computer and web browser to eliminate the bad guys....  but few people do this learning.  Then when something blows up they panic.  I do have flash dis-abled on my Mac, knowing that if something doesn't work right on a website it is probably because Flash is disabled.