• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus

• Members

Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus.  I was recently given this book to read and since I want to understand Islam much better than I do, I have started the book and thought I would ask if anyone has read it?  I have read one chapter and have no opinion on the book at all.  It is written by Nabeel Qureshi and the internet contains both good and bad reports on the man so I am simply wondering if I am wasting my time.

If you have read it your thoughts would be appreciated, and if no one has I will certainly post my thoughts when I am finished.

• Members

Yes, I've read it and I warmly recommend it.  I would also encourage you to read another book that deals with Islam viz.

"Dreams and Visions - is Jesus awakening the Muslim World" by Tom Doyle.

This book tells of how Jesus is speaking directly to Muslims in countries where evangelism is seriously curtailed or even forbidden.  When people ask us "What about those who've never heard?" we can point them to a book like this.

• Members

Thanks for the reply Bob.  I have several books I am currently reading plus I have taken on a reading assignment for the next few weeks but I will certainly return to this post for your suggestion.  One of my goals the next couple of years is to read four or five book on Islam as I my extended plan is to spend 13 weeks or teach an overview Islam to my Sunday School class.  I hope to finish a two year study in Revelation sometime in late summer early fall and then on to the book of Luke so it will be after the book of Luke which should take somewhere around 65 weeks to finish.  And then the class on Islam so I am a couple of years away at this point which will allow me the luxury to read several books before I start my personal study.

• Members
On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 5:02 AM, The real Bob Hutton said:

Bob, I appreciate the link, it is pretty much the same as he writes in his book.  BTW the book is well written, shocked full of great information and is an easy read.  I am enjoying the learning process.  Thanks again.

• Members

I finished the book “Seeking Allah … Finding Jesus” this past week and found the book to be honest, refreshing and incredibly well written.  The insights offered toward understanding the eastern mind set is invaluable.  As expressed many times in the book the Muslim mind set is not one that would even consider challenging the authority structure of their religion while the western mind set not only encourages one to prove that what they say and write is true we demand that it be so. 

The diligence of eastern parents to not just love their children but to begin their religious education at the tender age of three or four years gives clear insight into both Jewish methods and Muslim cultures. 

I was also reminded once again that God is not to be restricted to the box western theistic culture has placed him, but understand God is free to show himself to whom he will in relation to one’s own culture.  I cannot imagine the Lord guiding me to a better book for my initial investigation Islam.  The book will not be for everyone, it is clearly written from an evangelical perspective and if you are one who has difficulty allowing others liberty in Christ there are sections that will stretch your understanding of God. 

I found myself rooting for Nabeel Qureshi as he was confronted with truth and forced to reconsider all that he had been taught.  Nabeel diligently searched for truth in both scripture and ancient literature and in his personal investigation he was forced to come to grips with the deity of Christ, the historical Christ and the resurrection of Christ.  Many times, I was in tears as my own views of the Muslim world were stretched and expanded, and as I read the book I slowly realized that God loves all men even those whom we do not understand and those who seem to be set on subjugating the world to Islam. 

This book has my highest recommendation. If you are wanting to gather a very foundational understanding of the eastern mind set and Islam I would encourage you to read this book.  A+ 304 pages

Today Nabeel Qureshi works with RZIM ministries which is Ravi Zacharias ministries. 

Edited by Orval