• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Biblical verses about asking others for help.

• Members

I want to write a blog post about asking others for help instead of stubbornly relying upon one's self or giving up entirely when confronted with a problem.  I am trying to think of biblical support for this subject, but I'm drawing a blank, for some reason.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

• Members
On 3/15/2017 at 10:16 PM, Brother S. said:

I want to write a blog post about asking others for help instead of stubbornly relying upon one's self or giving up entirely when confronted with a problem.  I am trying to think of biblical support for this subject, but I'm drawing a blank, for some reason.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

I would consider a stubborn attitude toward asking for help a form of pride.

James 4:6King James Version (KJV)

But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Proverbs 8:13King James Version (KJV)

13 The fear of the Lord is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

• Members

Ethiopian Eunuch.

Acts 8

30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.