• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Firearms

• Members

A friend of my Dad's used to restore old firearms - special ones, and make replicas of old firearms, and his work was noted to the point that he was asked to use his skills to make competition firearms, including for the Olympics.

But he was never much of a shooter himself - his interest was historical and technical. 

Most of what you guys are talking about is beyond me. I lock my doors at night, and my dog would lick to death any intruder........:15_1_63:

(I have range fired an L1A1 SLR on several occasions, but don't ask me too many questions about it).

Edited by DaveW

• Members
7 hours ago, Brother Stafford said:

That's called a hidden or shrouded hammer.  A hammerless gun wouldn't be very useful, now would it? ;)

Not all auto's have a hammer.  My Taurus .45 and 9mm have a striker pin.  (But I know what you meant.)  No "hammer" on my LCP 380.

• Members
17 minutes ago, 1611mac said:

I used to be certified to teach NRA "Refuse to Be a Victim"... but it is not current. Haven't taught the course for a couple of years...

LOL!  Something is wrong with my eyes.  At first glance, I thought it said, "Refruit to be a vitamin."  LOL!

• Members
33 minutes ago, Brother Stafford said:

LOL!  Something is wrong with my eyes.  At first glance, I thought it said, "Refruit to be a vitamin."  LOL!

Ha!  I think you need to come in out of your garden for a while!  I'd put a laughing smiley here but I know how you feel about them... :)

• Members

My mother used to have one of those before she had to go into skilled nursing facility.

But seriously...

We had a local church men's security meeting not long ago. There were police from two separate cities in our area providing information. He sure woke us up to the drug problem, personal/home security (awareness), and local church facilities security. I asked one of them about those situational training sessions and he said that awareness and a state of alertness are just as good. I'm still interested in attending one of the security/situational training sessions. I have some things to take care of before I can but, I intend to find one  which includes inside building and outside building situations. You should be running scenarios with your wife or spouse in house with weapons

Also, they said no matter if you carry a weapon or not, you should carry pepper spray. No matter how much target/hunting you do pepper spray can give you the time to either flee the situation or position yourself to meet the continued threat. Further, its great to be familiar with state carry laws if you travel through the states, but have USCCA too.

• Members
20 hours ago, 1Timothy115 said:

My mother used to have one of those before she had to go into skilled nursing facility.

But seriously...

We had a local church men's security meeting not long ago. There were police from two separate cities in our area providing information. He sure woke us up to the drug problem, personal/home security (awareness), and local church facilities security. I asked one of them about those situational training sessions and he said that awareness and a state of alertness are just as good. I'm still interested in attending one of the security/situational training sessions. I have some things to take care of before I can but, I intend to find one  which includes inside building and outside building situations. You should be running scenarios with your wife or spouse in house with weapons

Also, they said no matter if you carry a weapon or not, you should carry pepper spray. No matter how much target/hunting you do pepper spray can give you the time to either flee the situation or position yourself to meet the continued threat. Further, its great to be familiar with state carry laws if you travel through the states, but have USCCA too.

Pepper spray is illegai in our country as well as CS gas.  

• Members

You're not allowed to carry any weapons at all in UK--nothing that's designed to cause injury or that you're carrying for the purpose of causing injury. For example if someone mugs you and flees and you chase them with a brick, the police would consider the brick to be a weapon.

• Members
20 minutes ago, Alimantado said:

You're not allowed to carry any weapons at all in UK--nothing that's designed to cause injury or that you're carrying for the purpose of causing injury. For example if someone mugs you and flees and you chase them with a brick, the police would consider the brick to be a weapon.

Let's not go there... the UK sounds like a silly place.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Alimantado said:

Even here, if they flee and you chase them with (fill in the blank) -- you're going to jail.