• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Firearms

• Members
21 minutes ago, wretched said:

Curious how you will keep pressure on those pressure switches and the trigger at the same time? That mounting tape will most likely mar the finish on your receiver also if resale value is a consideration. I recommend constant-on push button switches on the light and laser themselves to get rid of the chords which are likely to bind up your pump mechanism. Worse yet when under real stress, you will grab the chords with the forearm and rip the chords out the back of your light/laser as you attempt to pump.

Pressure switches are never a good idea on a pump gun.

Just some friendly recommendations from a former gunsmith.

Yeah, I haven't gotten around to taking them off. They are click-on, click off but still, they get in the way. Both the laser and the flashlight came with optional pushbutton butt caps. it's just as easy to turn them on with your left hand and not mess with the remorte switch thingys. I'll take them off. Thinking about removing that shell holder from the stock too.The shotgun carries 8 in the tube and one in the chamber anyway.

• Members
2 minutes ago, wretched said:

Hardly, can't go wrong with a S&W shield/MP compact or a bodyguard

I was thinking of trading in my M&P 9c for a 9mm Shield.  Still undecided.  I guess my only issue is having to give up the capacity.

• Members
9 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

When your life is on the line and seconds count, the less garbage you have on the firearm to worry about is critical. Just the thought of a long gun in a situation where you are waking from sleep and possibly having to negotiate room or hallway corners gives me pause for serious consideration.

My choice for both home protection as well as carrying in outdoor situations is my Mitchell Arms Gold Series .45 ACP.

Image result for mitchell arms gold series 95

For self defense I prefer one weapon that can be used both at home and away. Of prime consideration for me is the ability to fire from a position around a hall corner without exposing myself to an attacker. This is difficult to impossible with a long gun.

I agree. I keep the 9mm with me at all times. Probably just use the formidable-looking shotgun to scare them out of the yard. lol

• Members
On 3/15/2017 at 10:36 AM, heartstrings said:

Another photo of the same shotgun. I removed the saddle/picatinny rail and added a tactical flashlight and a laser. I don't think there's much need for a sight if you're using buckshot for close-quarters.

shotgun .jpg

The appearance of that gun is enough to scare an intruder away.

On 3/15/2017 at 0:40 PM, Brother Stafford said:

These are the only ones I have.  I alternate them, depending upon what I am wearing, as my EDC. I got started late in life and only a few years before I damaged my ears.  I used to go to the local range, once a week or so, with a friend of mine, but since I damaged my ears, I only go once or twice a year.   I go to an outdoor range (The Pit in Lapeer, Mich.) early in the morning, before anyone is there because the sound of gunfire is so painful now.  I'm looking to get a shotgun for the house, though.

wp-1489595590763.jpg

That hammerless is a nice conceal and carry.

• Members
1 minute ago, Brother Stafford said:

That's called a hidden or shrouded hammer.  A hammerless gun wouldn't be very useful, now would it? ;)

They call them hammerless also even though they really aren't. 

I want to pick up a Ruger LCR when I get the cash up.