• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Moderators

Notifications only appear for postings directly related to your own: for example, if someone 'likes' a post or quotes it. If another individual comments in a thread without quoting or liking any posts of yours, there will be no notification.

(And I know you're just using common parlance, but please don't call me Sister Salyan. I have had that nickname, and I hated it. Right up there with 'Mother Superior'.)

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Brother Stafford said:

I am aware of that.    I have to go through and actually look at the latest posts in the threads, to which I have posted, in order to see if there is something new.  However, I do get notifications of some of them.

I was notified that Brother Jim liked one of my posts, but I didn't get a notification that you replied to this one.

That's because I only posted in the thread; I didn't quote you. I'm quoting on this reply, and you should see a notification for it.

I see a button at the bottom of this post saying 'notify me of replies'. Have you tried clicking that to see if it will notify you of all replies in the thread?

• Moderators

Ok, that's weird. The default status is supposed to be receiving notifications only of likes and quotes. If that wasn't happening before, and it is now, I guess something fixed itself.

• Moderators

Bro Stafford, I'm just letting you know what the default has been over the 8 or 9 years that I've been on this site. The above may have been your experience, but it certainly is not SOP.

There is an option at the top of each thread to 'Follow'. Click on it and it will give you specific options for notifications relating to that thread. You may wish to check it out as well.