• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Jehovah's Witness

• Moderators

it was good of you to warn them away from dangerous locations, and has nothing to do with chauvinism.... except in this case, you're behaving that way. The comments on their looks and your play on the word Mormon are downright rude. I think the Bible has something to say about that too...

• Moderators

The last time I dealt with a JW, it was an older couple, friends of my wife, who, before she was saved, and some afterwards, she had done a Bible study with. Of course, it didn't take her long, even as a new believer, to figure them out, but she continued hoping to change them. They didn't change.

So one day they come to the farm-both quite old, his voice trembles, and I was kind and respectful to them. primarily for that reason. But when he began to speak of things I know are incorrect, I gently disagreed and showed scripture to the contrary. And he got mad, raised his voice, wouldn't hear it, and after a couple minutes they excused themselves and left. Never came back. I think his wife has since passed away and he has never been back. 

• Administrators

Mike, if these two people were not locals, I may know who they were. I know of a JW couple who used to be from the Fall River- MacArthur area and were very well traveled in their door knocking ministry.. They have since relocated to my area, he is an Elder in the JW organization.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Not long ago, I went to the court house in Ironton, OH for some auto title work, & the JWs had a little stand on a busy corner near the court house, outta the way of pedestrian traffic, of course. Since it wasn't a busy corner at that time, I asked the man & woman there whom they say Jesus is. They looked at each other, & the man said, "He's the archangel Michael".  I replied, "WRONG!" & took a Bible from my pocket to show them there Scriptures:

Jude 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

I said to them, "So, you see, not even Michael badmouthed Satan. But see what JESUS said:"

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

"  JESUS didn't hesitate to badmouth Satan, because He IS the Lord, but Michael dared not do so ! Think about it ! "

They had no reply.

I don't know if that sank into those people or not, but I tried. Perhaps the HOLY SPIRIT made the seed grow. I haven't seen either of those people since then.

Edited by robycop3

• 1 month later...
  • Members
On 12/23/2019 at 2:04 PM, Salyan said:

it was good of you to warn them away from dangerous locations, and has nothing to do with chauvinism.... except in this case, you're behaving that way. The comments on their looks and your play on the word Mormon are downright rude. I think the Bible has something to say about that too...

I was only telling the truth. In this world, "attractive" people get more respect & attention than those who are not-so-attractive. And I have absolutely NO respect for the LDS  cult, nor for the SDA cult. They're false religions leading people to condemnation.

• Members
8 hours ago, robycop3 said:

I was only telling the truth. In this world, "attractive" people get more respect & attention than those who are not-so-attractive. And I have absolutely NO respect for the LDS  cult, nor for the SDA cult. They're false religions leading people to condemnation.

If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

• Administrators
On 2/5/2020 at 2:24 AM, robycop3 said:

"  JESUS didn't hesitate to badmouth Satan, because He IS the Lord, but Michael dared not do so ! Think about it ! "

They had no reply.

I don't know if that sank into those people or not, but I tried. Perhaps the HOLY SPIRIT made the seed grow. I haven't seen either of those people since then.

There is a difference in telling the truth in boldness and being sarcastic/rude. Jesus was never the latter.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, robycop3 said:

Matthew 23 (Most of the chapter)

Matthew 3:7

Matthew 12:34

I'm not trying to be dumb here, but can you please break the verses down for me where Jesus was sarcastic/rude to others? I want to put some thought into this. Or maybe you need to define what your definition of sarcasm and rude for us, because I cant see where those verses are sarcastic/rude according to the dictionaries definition.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, PastorMatt said:

I'm not trying to be dumb here, but can you please break the verses down for me where Jesus was sarcastic/rude to others? I want to put some thought into this. Or maybe you need to define what your definition of sarcasm and rude for us, because I cant see where those verses are sarcastic/rude according to the dictionaries definition.

That's probably because they are not rude/sarcastic BroMatt. Jesus was firm in His denunciation of the Scribes and Pharisees and their legalistic doctrines, as well as their rejection of Him.

But then again, I am not Robycop, so I should probably bow out and let him explain if he can.

• Members

In Matt. 23, Jesus really blasted the scribes & Pharisees. In Vs. 13, 14, & 15,  He called them hypocrites, pretty strong language in that context And, in Vs. 17 & 19, He called them FOOLS. Most of that chapter is one big verbal reaming of the scribes & Pharisees by Jesus.

In Matt. 12:25-37, Jesus again verbally dresses down a group of Pharisees, calling them a generation of vipers, among other things.

Jesus didn't hold back when He denounced them.  I believe He had a powerful speaking voice,  but, of course, we don't know what inflections He mighta used, but He certainly got His message out ! I don't believe He was a bit polite to those men !

(I goofed with Matt. 3:7. That was John The Baptist who called the local Pharisees a generation of vipers.)