• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Jehovah's Witness

• Members

The local JWs useta come to my door about every 2 months, and I always welcomed them, told them I'd listen to their spiel, LONG AS THEY GAVE ME EQUAL TIME. Once they were inside, I did as I said, but made sure to stand near my door. {I'm a fairly big dude, & they couldn't push by me easily.) I began by asking them, WHOM DO YOU SAY JESUS CHRIST IS?" Occasionally, one would respond, "the archangel Michael." "Oh, REALLY? Do you have any SCRIPTURAL SUPPORT for that?" They du-h-hd around & couldn't answer. And I pointed out the origin of THEIR "bible"- in 1950, Freddie Franz(who later became the watchtower's big kahoona) & his buddy, a Greek Cypriot named George Gangas, sat down with the British RV of 1881 & re-worded it to fit JW doctrine.It's not a "translation" at all! And, in a Scottish courtroom, Franz admitted that neither he nor Gangas knew any Hebrew & very little KOINE Greek.

I've not had any visits from them for about 3 years now.

One incident that REALLY turned me against them was, in 2000, my wife was critically injured in a schoolbus rollover, suffering extensive internal injuries. It was only by GOD'S will & power that she lived! Several days after the accident, when we still didn't know if she was gonna live, I was walking our dog when a JW pulled up beside me in his car & said, "Do you know what a sinner you are by allowing your unconscious wife to receive blood?" WRONG THING TO SAY TO ME ! ! He saw my face as I was securing the dog's leash to a guy wire & guessed my intent was to yank him outta his car & pound him into the pavement. (He was right.) & he sped off. A coupla days later, one of his cohorts phoned me to apologize for his actions, & I said, "I want nothing to do with you or your cult unless you wanna hear the REAL Gospel of Jesus".  When my wife was better, I studied the Jabroney False Witless cult to learn all I could about it & how to counter it thru the Bible.

I've seen several people in my 'hood leave that cult. I dunno if I had any influrnce on them or not; I just PRAISE GOD for freeing them.

• Members

Lately, the jabroney False Witlesses have been setting up easels in public places, holding theit tracts & pampllets, with at least two people attending them. They simply greet everyone who passes. Usually, if I pass them, I return the greeting & say "JESUS is Lord, not the watchtower dudes!" They simply smile.

Maybe I'm speaking in vain, but who knows what the HOLY SPIRIT may choose to do?

• Members

When we used to foster children, we had two lads from a JW background.  Social services told us the mother was a devout JW, but   I was told by someone that she had been disfellowshipped..  We were told that we could not take them to church,.  In such cases my wife and took turns to attend services.  On the first Sunday, the elder said "can we come to church with you?"  We didn't have them for very long  but they came with us to church each Sunday they were there.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

I hadn't paid much attention to the Jabroney False Witlesses til my wife was almost killed in a schoolbus rollover late in 2000. While she was still on the very-critical list in ICU, a man saw me walking our dog & hailed me; I said sorry, I already had an attorney. He said he wasn't a lawyer, but was from the JW kingdom hall down the street & asked me if I knew what a sin it was to have allowed my wife to have received blood transfusions. That was NOT what I wanted to hear at that time; he saw me tying my dog's leash to a guy wire & figured he'd better skeedaddle. Luckily he did, for I'm not a small feller & I fully intended to yank him outta his car window & let him eat some pavement.

Next day, he called me to apologize. While I'd cooled down, my wife's survival was still questionable, & I told him I wasn't interested in his cult, &, as a former cop I was gonna use my connections to find out how they'd gotten my wife's medical info, and I would sue anyone who'd broken the law to have done so. He immediately said 'bye & hung up. (I found out  that a friend's friend who was a JW had heard it from a friend whom I'd told. I didn't take any legal action, as it ended there.)

To keep a long story short, my wife survived, making about an 80% recovery. (One of the 2 actual miracles I've seen!  Most of her internal organs were injured with severe internal bleeding. Only GOD'S POWER kept her alive! She has COPD as a result of both lungs being punctured.) When I had time, I began to research the JW cult.

Their "bible", the New World translation, was made in 1950 by Freddie Franz, who later became big kahoona of the watchtower, & his sidekick George Gangas, a Greek Cypriot. Neither of them knew any Hebrew or Aramaic, & Gangas knew SOME Koine Greek. Their "translation" was made from the British "Revised Version", a groddy version which wasn't too well-known in the USA. They changed the RV where necessary to make it fit JW doctrine; it's not another translation at all!

Nowhere in a LEGITIMATE  Bible version is there any prohibitions against blood transfusions; the prohibition is against EATING OR DRINKING blood. BIG DIFFERENCE!

They assert Jesus is the archangel Michael! here's what they say:

“Scriptural evidence indicates that the name Michael applied to God’s Son before he left heaven to become Jesus Christ and also after his return” (

Aid to Bible Understanding, Watchtower Bible & Tract Society, 1971, 1152).

Evidently, they missed Hebrews 1:5, For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

THE NWT IS WORDED SIMILARLY! THEY DON'T BELIEVE THEIR OWN BIBLE VERSION ! !

They don't believe Jesus died on a cross because the Greek word translated "cross" in the KJV & most other English versions is "stauros", which is often used for "a pointed, upright stake", and Scripture says in Acts 10:39 & Acts 13:29 that Jesus was hanged on a TREE.(xylos)  That shows they didn't study Greek too closely, as stauros was also used for a crucifixion cross, and about any fairly-large upright wooden structure, pole, or gallows, etc. was called a "tree".  And His cross was T-shaped, not X-shaped, as some JWs say, as Scripture says a sign was placed ABOVE JESUS' HEAD ON THE CROSS. (Not to mention Roman tradition of that time period.)

Shoot, I can post PAGES of their hooey, but I'll stop here. They don't come to my door any more, as I always welcomed them, but said, "I'll listen to your stuff if you give me equal time to present mine", & when my turn came, I'd say, "Please tell me whom do you say Jesus is." & when they finished stammering, I'd read them Scriptures from a REAL Bible telling them who Jesus is, reminding them that was the most-important fact they could ever learn. I never turned any of their "missionaries" away, as I know Jesus died for their sins as well as mine, & that they needed to hear HIS Gospel from someone.

In conclusion: The JW is a dangerous, deceptive, pseudo-quasi-Christian cult that only leads people to hell.

Edited by robycop3

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Took me awhile to not act confrontational with them, as I have a fighter's nature. But by gaining a little confidence in them, I get them to listen to the Gospel better. (However, it takes the HOLY SPIRIT'S power to cause them to BELIEVE it!)

• 4 months later...
  • Members

One trick they tried with me was to send an old black fella to my door who'd refereed several of my fights & had been a notable heavyweight himself til injury ended his career. They knew I held him in high esteem.

I told him, "Mr. - - - . you're welcome in my home any time, but I'll NEVER be a JW. I am saved by the grace (unmerited favor) of JESUS CHRIST, God's Son, who is also God, and nothing can sway me from that. I'm hoping that YOU come to the same belief & realize how shallow & false the JWs are."  We talked about other things, and he didn't try to "convert " me any more. (Unfortunately, he died while still part of that cult.)

The local kingdom hall closed & sold their building. There's no kingdom hall within 10 miles of my home now. They just couldn't attract enough gullible people to support their local coven.

As I said, they haven't been back for about 3 years. But the Mor(m)ons have. IMHO, they're as bad a cult as the Jws are. I give them the same treatment as I do the JWs. "You preach to me, but you must gimme equal time to preach to YOU." The same "missionaries" never come back.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
On 9/21/2019 at 9:39 AM, robycop3 said:

The local kingdom hall closed & sold their building. There's no kingdom hall within 10 miles of my home now. They just couldn't attract enough gullible people to support their local coven.

They are closing down and selling Kingdom Halls all over the United States forcing two or three congregations to share a single Hall some where else. Of course the faithful JWs blindly believe the “reasons” for this given to them by the governing body, so they are will sacrifice for “Jehovah” in a overcrowded Kingdom Hall. To the people on the outside it’s much more obvious why they are doing this on a mass scale all over the country combining congregations and selling the other buildings. It all started after the JWs began losing lawsuits for not reporting known child abuse to law enforcement. Now the cases are coming from the endless children who were abused for years while they protected the abuser. The Watchtower is losing millions of dollars one case at a time, and they are in panic mode trying to not go bankrupt and expose themselves to be the false prophets they really are.

• Members
On 11/3/2019 at 6:20 AM, robycop3 said:

Worse yet, their apostasy keeps them lost. They believe Jesus is the archangel Michael, same as their daddy cult, the Seven-Day-Adlibbers, does.

Jehovahs witnesses are complex, and there are just so many barriers you have to tear down to get through. The mind control of the organization is beyond belief, and is the reason most JWs have not critical thinking skills. Since the watchtower is considered the spokesman for God that means everyone who tries to tell them something that contradicts their teaching is viewed as from Satan himself.

As for Watchtower theology it is absurd and anathema. Jesus being the Archangel is one of their beliefs that will have consequences after death, but there are many more that effect and endanger them and their families lives while living. One of the more wicked beliefs is that blood transfusions are sinful. Countless men, women, and children have lost their lives too early because the Watchtower imposed this belief by ripping one versus completely out of context. Also, when they impose  shunning on family and other congregation members for small things like questioning a watchtower teaching can push the shunned member to suicide or at the very least a life of anxiety and sadness. Shunning is especially cruel for a JW since they are taught to isolate themselves from non JWs, so they have no friends or support system outside of the congregation. I believe that isolation has a deliberate and sinister reason behind the belief since it puts them in a situation where their JW friends and family are literally all they have. This isolation is further abused when the JWs are told it is forbidden for them to attend or take part in any holiday celebrations with non JW friends and family.

i follow the JWs and listen to their leaders online, and its unbelievable to me how these magazine salesmen have so much mental control of their followers. They have proven to be false prophets over and over and yet the rank file blindly follow, and will probably continue to do so until they depart this world and open their eyes to find out that hell is their reward.

Edited by Disciple.Luke

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Few years ago, had a coupla Mor(m)ons come to the door, a coupla not-so-pretty young women. I showed'em, from my anti-Mor(m)on kit, some skinny about their two big kahoonas, Joey Smith & Brigand Young. And I asked them to compare their "Joseph Smith KJV with a REAL KJV that'd been around long before Joey was. And, of course, I showed 'em the Gospel. And I advised them about some homes in my 'hood to avoid, such as my next-door neighbor, who had 5 pit bulls inside his fence, and a dope house a coupla blox away.

And I said, not wanting to be a male chauvinist, but there were other places around here that young women should not go on their own. Cultists or not, I wanted no harm to come to them, and who knows whether the HOLY SPIRIT caused the Gospel to take root in them? However, I've not had a JW or Mor(m)on come to my door for a few years now.

Edited by robycop3

• Members
5 hours ago, robycop3 said:

a coupla not-so-pretty young women.

Nice...

Mor(m)ons

Nice...

Dude'ster, did they grow up in that smack? You gots the skinny on'em?

If they did be all raised in it n'stuff, they's don't know no better. Don't kick'em to d'curb for not know'n no better. 

not wanting to be a male chauvinist,

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! Didn't you say something about their looks?

Cultists or not, I wanted no harm to come to them,

...other than your disparaging remarks about them.