• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

John 14 v 6 doesn't stand alone.

• Members

When we tell people that Jesus is the only way to Heaven we tend to quote John 14 v 6 and, perhaps, Acts 4 v 12.  It is interesting to note that there are many other verses that clearly teach this essential truth that we can use alongside the more "famous" ones:

John 3 v 18 and 36

John 6 v 53 and 68

John 8 v 24

John 10 v 1 and 7 together

John 12 v 48

John 15 v 6

1st Tim 2 v 5

1st John 5 v 12

2nd John v9

Hope this is helpful.

• Members

John 3:18 and 3:36 are great verses.   I use them to show how there are only two groups of people... Saved and Lost. And how the lost are condemned already.   I then jump to Luke 16:22 and 23 to show how the rich man died and "in hell he lift up his eyes..."  -  This to point out that there is no "standing at the pearly gates" with your "good being weighed against your bad."  You are either saved or lost....  on your way to heaven or hell...   and upon physical death you have no second chance... no general judgment to plead your case.. No! You face immediate judgment in hell.....   

"the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift us his eyes, being in torments...." 

Edited by 1611mac

• Members
53 minutes ago, 1611mac said:

John 3:18 and 3:36 are great verses.   I use them to show how there are only two groups of people... Saved and Lost. And how the lost are condemned already.   I then jump to Luke 16:22 and 23 to show how the rich man died and "in hell he lift us his eyes..."  -  This to point out that there is no "standing at the pearly gates" with your "good being weighed against your bad."  You are either saved or lost....  on your way to heaven or hell...   and upon physical death you have no second chance... no general judgment to plead your case.. No! You face immediate judgment in hell.....   

"the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift us his eyes, being in torments...." 

Very helpful analysis, brother, thanks for that.