• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Jury seated in lawsuit against Osteen's wife

• Members

Jury seated in lawsuit against Osteen's wife

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080807/ap_ ... _lawsuit_9

This is not her 1st time, "Brown had previously claimed she was attacked in another incident by an airport employee, according to a deposition she gave in the case."

And she is not asking for much, "Brown wants an apology and punitive damages amounting to 10 percent of Victoria Osteen's net worth as part of her suit," just 10% of what she has.

• Members

I would guess that even if she wins, she won't see much money because I would guess that the Osteens have everything they own in the name of the church so they don't have to pay taxes on anything. Just my guess and not based on any thing I can prove.

C

• Members
Brown just wants her best life now. :lol

Right, she wants to live the high life on someone else's money.

Who knows, perhaps that Texas woman did mistreat her. My observations have been that many of the wealthy people will treat others as if they are beneath them, them there are those who just look for the opportunity to get rich quick when they're around wealthy people, perhaps Brown is among that number.

• Members

John, do you think the old devil is behind this woman brining this lawsuit against this preachers wife?

You know, I have no idea if there was any wrong done between these 2. But if this woman by the name of Brown, if what she says is true, she has every right to sue as she has chosen to do. Although my choice would not be to sue. I think your to forgive not sue in a court.

• Members

I don't know whether the original idea to sue came from her own flesh or the devil, but I have little doubt the devil has loved the idea and pushed her forward with it at every opportunity.

Not being there, it's hard to tell exactly what happened and what the context was. How many times have we heard two people telling their side of the story and then when we hear what happened from someone who witnessed (someone not on either of their sides) and we find out the way things were said and the responses were not what either side claimed?

In any event, this should have been a minor incident that has now been blown into major media event. This didn't happen by accident.

• Members
ccording to court documents, Brown claims that she suffers from anxiety and hemorrhoids because of the incident and said her faith was affected. She is also suing Osteen for medical expenses for counseling.

Well, I wonder how much a jury will give her for her hemerrhoids :roll

Also, for this to affect her faith???? That's not very strong faith.

This whole thing is downright silly.

• Members

I was just wondering how they're going to prove that Osteen's wife was the cause of her hemorrhoids.

And maybe Osteen's wife did cause a big stir.

I recall the owner of a bank in our town was once at a Sam's Club and was asked for identification, he told them his name and said everyone knows me. He got real smart with the clerk because she still wanted to see some ID. He them threw a hissy fit, them asked for a manager.

The manager came and he did not know this man either and asked to see his ID. Another hissy fit. He called security, when he saw they were really getting serious he apologized and gladly showed them his ID.

Some of those rich people can be very arrogant.

Guest Guest

Personally, the Osteens (and, their megachurch) need to be brought down a tad or two, IMO. Maybe, this is the Lord's way of getting another televangelist off of the TV? :pray There are too many people sitting around watching "showmanship" preaching on the tube. The message is so "watered-down" and people fall victim to this type of preaching (if you can call it that.)

I actually believe this Brown woman. Having grown up (and still living) amongst the wealthy, some (not all) put people beneath them. Thankfully, I grew up on the "other side of the tracks" and presently live in a small home in the center of the city.

IFB's are always reaching the down-trodden and broken-hearted. Maybe God is attempting to get these rich folks into Bible believing churches? I know they like to sit in their homes (many of them) and watch these weak televangelists on TV. They are hurting like everyone else. Their finances may not show it, but, spiritually they are just like the rest of us (except they need Christ.)

I pray that justice is done in this case---God only knows the outcome. :amen:

• Members

Whatever the case may be, there is no good reason for a lawsuit and not good reason for Brown to be asking for 10% of everything Mrs. Osteen is worth.

We live in a fallen world. Squabbles happen every day. Misunderstandings happen every day. People clash every day. Personalities clash every day.

Grow up, get over it and move on.

• Members

The thing is John, we have no idea what Mrs. Osteen did, that is we don't know what happened between the 2, Mrs. Osteen may be 100% at fault.

Brown has ever right to file a lawsuit, just as does anyone else in this country, even you or I. As for me I disagree with at least 99 % of the lawsuits, I think Christians should be more forgiving, turning the other cheek and stay out of the heathen court system as much as possible, but I'm glad the right to is there even though in the past I have chosen not to use it.

Brown may well not be a Christians, I have not idea. I have no idea what Mrs. Osteen is, judging by her fruit, if she is saved, she is walking like a back slidden Christian and or a false teacher, perhaps even being a lost woman, but rightly that is none of my business.

Lawsuits is another thing that God's children have become a part of, must be lust for money & the easy life, that makes them looks just like the people of this world. We are just not peculiar enough today, not to the extent that God wants us to be. We are to be completely different than those of this world.

Guest Guest
We live in a fallen world. Squabbles happen every day. Misunderstandings happen every day. People clash every day. Personalities clash every day.

Grow up, get over it and move on.

I agree 100%. I was brought up to "get over it and move on." We know there are waaaay to many attorneys in the world today. Don't they have more ambulances to chase?

I have a strong feeling that this Brown woman is not saved. JMO. If Mrs. Osteen did something to injure her in any way, though, I really think this should be brought to light. IMO, 10% of the Osteen's income is a "drop in the bucket." Personally, though, I wouldn't even consider it myself---saved or unsaved.

My point is that I really don't care for these "megachurches" on TV---and, like I stated, God only knows the outcome. So, why is this happening? God has to allow it. I just wonder what the outcome is going to be, is all?

We live in a "sin-filled" world, indeed. The Osteens aren't helping the cause for Christ with this type on "watered down" stuff they preach across the globe, though. JMHO.

• Members

I agree 100%. I was brought up to "get over it and move on." We know there are waaaay to many attorneys in the world today. Don't they have more ambulances to chase?

I have a strong feeling that this Brown woman is not saved. JMO. If Mrs. Osteen did something to injure her in any way, though, I really think this should be brought to light. IMO, 10% of the Osteen's income is a "drop in the bucket." Personally, though, I wouldn't even consider it myself---saved or unsaved.

My point is that I really don't care for these "megachurches" on TV---and, like I stated, God only knows the outcome. So, why is this happening? God has to allow it. I just wonder what the outcome is going to be, is all?

We live in a "sin-filled" world, indeed. The Osteens aren't helping the cause for Christ with this type on "watered down" stuff they preach across the globe, though. JMHO.

Osteens are helping one cause, the cause of making themselves rich at the cost of sacrificing God's truths and probably many souls. :uuhm: