• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

An excellent web site in defence of the Bible

• Members

Sadly, a lot of the KJV sites are shutting down because no one is interested anymore. The new versions have taking their toll on people's faith. 

One of the topics on the website you posted is about the word "YHWH". YHWH was actually a word made up by an apostate anti-semitic German theologian by the name of Rudolf Kittel whose popular work Biblia Hebracia Stuttgartensia. His son Gerhard Kittel was reprobate theologian and important member of the Nazi party who just barely escaped prison time after the war.

Rudolf Kittel believed that the Jews had appropriated the Syrian storm god "Yahweh" as Jehovah.

Here's more about it:

http://av1611.com/kjbp/ridiculous-kjv-bible-corrections/Yahweh-Jehova-YHVH.html

• Members
23 hours ago, The real Bob Hutton said:

I've found an excellent web site in defence of the Bible viz.

I perused several of his articles and he spends too much time in the Greek and Hebrew for my liking.  

• Members
20 hours ago, fastjav390 said:

Sadly, a lot of the KJV sites are shutting down because no one is interested anymore. The new versions have taking their toll on people's faith. 

One of the topics on the website you posted is about the word "YHWH". YHWH was actually a word made up by an apostate anti-semitic German theologian by the name of Rudolf Kittel whose popular work Biblia Hebracia Stuttgartensia. His son Gerhard Kittel was reprobate theologian and important member of the Nazi party who just barely escaped prison time after the war.

Rudolf Kittel believed that the Jews had appropriated the Syrian storm god "Yahweh" as Jehovah.

Here's more about it:

http://av1611.com/kjbp/ridiculous-kjv-bible-corrections/Yahweh-Jehova-YHVH.html

Josephus says the holy name consisted of 4 vowels.

• Members
21 hours ago, Brother Stafford said:

I perused several of his articles and he spends too much time in the Greek and Hebrew for my liking.  

Well, he is a linguist and translator so I imagine he would. 

I tend to shy away from the "original languages" and believe that the English of the KJV can defend and define itself but when dealing with a word like "Yahweh" I think it's good to know about its roots. 

• Members
3 hours ago, fastjav390 said:

Yes, and Kittel insisted they'd be those vowels so he could link the name to the Syrian/Ugarit storm god. 

Wasn't Kittel many decades after Josephus?

• Members
8 hours ago, fastjav390 said:

I tend to shy away from the "original languages" and believe that the English of the KJV can defend and define itself but when dealing with a word like "Yahweh" I think it's good to know about its roots. 

Since neither Yahweh nor YHWH are in the KJV, there is no reason for me to be studying their etymology.