• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Another reason to can the TV

• Members

There's some decent networks out there but definitely none that are "totally" good. We don't have cable anymore...although I did enjoy (for not being a tv person) food network and discovery channel quite alot. I would say probably discovery channel would be one of the safest and best.

• Members

No, there are no totally good networks; not even the professing Christian networks.

Even some of the channels I enjoy, such as Discovery and History channels (which we no longer get either of these now), are filled with lies, evolution, ungodly principles, even anti-Christian programs at times.

Even the Weather channel mixes evolutionary lies into some of its programming!

• Members

Has anyone read the Book 10 traps of television? This book was an eye opener for my husband and I we are limiting or times with the TV. We are treating it as a limited Guest in our home. Meaning we are only watching it a few hours a day or less. That is the cable side and we screen Movies.

Has anyone read the Book 10 traps of television? This book was an eye opener for my husband and I we are limiting or times with the TV. We are treating it as a limited Guest in our home. Meaning we are only watching it a few hours a day or less. That is the cable side and we screen Movies.

First of all...Mikado, this is a great thread starter. Secondly, the answer to that question is...NO. Although, I will agree that the Discovery Station is one the better networks on "Satan in a Box." Again, the TV is boring to me. OB is my TV. LOL.

KJVKay...I have read that book, and it is excellent. :thumb Hubby never read it, though. :sad :pray

• Members

I rightly can't think of but one real good network. It is a fail proof network that is guaranteed to be up a running at all times, weather will never cause the least bit of interference with its reception, its always open and its always clear as a bell. This network will never have any bad influence on anyone, it is completely family oriented and the cost of subscribing to this network is absolutely incredible and unbelievable for a 24 hour per day service 7 days per week. I'm speaking about that prayer line network that God has up and running for the benefit of all of His children. And the lost can access this network as well 24 hours per day if they will just confess their sin and accept Jesus as Savior and they to can be subscribers to this network.

:saint :saint :saint :saint

• Members

Amen Jerry#! I also am very much in favor of spending time with the family away from the idiot box by playing games, working around the house, visiting or taking trips (short or long). These are always much more rewarding than sitting around the tube, and (except for billboards) you can usuually avoid those bothersome commercials. Still, many do watch the TV to some degree. We do. Typically Food Channel, Discovery, History and TVLand, though this last network is close to getting on the banned list. It is sad that such a powerful community (those behind everything on the tv) are so didcated in tearing this country morally apart.