• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"Hated" church group to protest Tim McClean funeral

• Members

"The daughter of the founder of the Westboro Baptist Church, based in Topeka, Ka., told CTV.ca she and several other church members will go to Winnipeg on Saturday to demonstrate against what she described as McLean's "filthy way of life." Shirley Phelps-Roper said his life was emblematic of Canada's moral decay.

"God handed us a gift," Phelps-Roper said in a phone interview on Thursday.

She said McLean deserved his death by beheading on a Greyhound Bus last week.

"(His death was) supremely unemotional. You got God shaking in rage. There is no emotional component ... He was a rebel against God. He was taught to be a rebel by his parents. He came from a rebel country ... They brought this wrath upon his head. And it sucks to be him and it sucks to be them," Phelps-Roper said.

She said his brutal murder was a sign from God.

"You gotta connect the dots, people ... from your idols to your filthy way of life," she said......."

Full Story:
http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/abc/home/contentposting.aspx?isfa=1&feedname=CTV-TOPSTORIES_V3&showbyline=True&newsitemid=CTVNews%2f20080807%2ffuneral_protest_080807

This is the story about Tim McClean's death:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080805/bus_killing_080805

I think the person who murdered Tim should be executed.

• Administrators

How sad for such a young man to have his life taken in this manner! And even sadder that those people can't drum up an ounce of compassion for the man's family.

Interesting to note that she said it was unemotional, and that God was shaking with rage...isn't rage an emotion?

And this:

"Here's what I know. He is dead and God does not do that to people that serve in his truth."
This shows her ignorance of Bible, let alone every day life. According to her words, Stephen wasn't serving God in His truth...after all, he was stoned to death, a much more prolonged death than what this young man went through. And look at Paul - what an awful man he must have been, to undergo all that persecution, and then be beheaded. I'm so glad she straightened me out so that I understand that these men weren't serving God! :loco

• Members

Y'all know how this group makes their money don't you? If not, its by lawsuits. They are alwsy hoping and on the outlook for someone to trample on their rights where they can hit the corut with a lawsuit.

So probably their main goal protesting funerals is in hope they find a reason to file another lawsuit and get some more money.

• Members

If time were available to search out the true motivations behind this "churches" actions, I would not be surprised that most of this congregation don't read their bibles. It's highly likely that they have a Pastor with all the zeal but none of the knowledge. While I agree with them that we should be preaching against sin, we should be doing it in love. This method is full of hate, and goes against everything that The Lord Jesus teaches us, both through the scriptures, and through his Holy Spirit. I emplore you all to pray for this group, that God would show them true Cristianity (Christ-likeness). To the Glory of God.

• Members
If time were available to search out the true motivations behind this "churches" actions' date=' I would not be surprised that most of this congregation don't read their bibles. It's highly likely that they have a Pastor with all the zeal but none of the knowledge. While I agree with them that we should be preaching against sin, we should be doing it in love. This method is full of hate, and goes against everything that The Lord Jesus teaches us, both through the scriptures, and through his Holy Spirit. I emplore you all to pray for this group, that God would show them true Cristianity (Christ-likeness). To the Glory of God.[/quote']

They are easily checked out, most of us here have already checked them out. Here is their church web site so that you can quickly see what they are about.

http://www.godhatesfags.com/