• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Baptist Churches (the congregation)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

1 in every 300 people in our county is a member of our church ---- Bible Baptist Church (1 in every 190 people in our city). Look up the population in your county and divide by 300, does that sound like a reasonable size or maybe even large church?

Our total membership -- 18

50% come out for visitation, 100% work in some capacity in the church with the exception of one member who is 97 y.o. and a resident of the nursing home -- and she gets people to come out for services @ the nursing home!!!

• Members

we have about 350-400.
We don't do the bus thing at all. Not big on visitation either.
We sing both hymns and praise and worship. On Sunday mornings we have piano, acustic guitar, electric guitar, and drums. On Sunday night we have the same, but with the clarinet and trumpet.

• Members

1 in every 300 people in our county is a member of our church ---- Bible Baptist Church (1 in every 190 people in our city). Look up the population in your county and divide by 300, does that sound like a reasonable size or maybe even large church?

Our total membership -- 18

50% come out for visitation, 100% work in some capacity in the church with the exception of one member who is 97 y.o. and a resident of the nursing home -- and she gets people to come out for services @ the nursing home!!!

We average just over 100 on Sunday mornings (about 1/400 of our county). We average over 40 (combined) on our two buses. We're growing, too!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

We left a church of about 20 people where nothing was happening and we are now members at Calvary Baptist in King, NC. Attendance on Sunday mornings is around 800. Our pastor started teaching-preaching through the book of Revelation in the morning services a couple of weeks ago. He is still on chapter 1 and we are learning a lot. CJP56

• Members

We are an IFB church and average 100 to 120 in attendance on Sunday mornings, about 20 on Sunday evening with an additional 10 to 15 adults and 30 plus kids for our Sunday night youth program. Wednesday evening prayer meeting and bible study is about 15 to 20. We are steadily growing, but not at a rapid pace. We probably see about 2 to 4 new families a month (on Sunday mornings), but might only add one of them every couple of months to the "regulars".

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Faith Baptist Church, Rural MO

We run about 35-45 on Sunday mornings. It made me chuckle a few days ago when some called their church of 200 small...in all seriousness the average independent Baptist church in America is about 50 folks. So 200 isn't small by any means for an independent Baptist church.

I would like to say something about my church, I'm not bragging and technically in 13 days I am not even going to be a member of my church anymore...so I feel like I can share this information with you because I am proud of my home church family. The church runs like I said 35-40 members on Sunday morning. But they support 80 missionaries. Our people are very faithful in their missions giving even when they are strapped for money. I know an elderly in our church who does a few small cleaning jOBs so that she can give more to missions. I am honored to tell people what church I come from because I know they are following what God has instructed them to do in the way of Missions.

I do think that some churches could be supporting more missionaries but they don't. I go to churches of about 200-300 people and they are supporting 5 missionaries?? These churches usually have the best of material things. I just think sometimes our churches get too comfortable with having Nice things and lose focus on what is really important, winning souls to the Lord. In light of eternity, does it really matter what color carpet the church had or whether or not we had the latest sound system?

Just something I needed to get off my heart. There is an unwritten rule around my church, when we become strapped for money we always take on a new missions project. I know that more than often than not, I myself even need a heart check in this area. Do I really need this new thing I want to buy? Or should I be using this money to further the gospel.

• Members

We are a small Independent evangelical church. We have about 28 members. We get about 30 or so in the morning service, about 22 in the evening. Up to a dozen in the mid week service.

Most baptist churches in the area would be liberal. The nearest one that is not is in Canterbury. It is a Gospel Standard Church and last time I heard had two members. The pastoral oversight is supplied by the pastor of a similar church about 20-30 miles away. On the one occasion that I attended this church, the above pastor was preaching. He spoke for an hour and did not look at you once, he looked at the ceiling, the floor, his bible, his notes but not once at us. Apart from me, there was the preacher and his son, the organist and another man, and a strange character who used to come to our church but stopped attending when we refused to conduct his marriage to an unbeliever. This church is like a turret in the city wall. Pictures here. http://www.kenthistoryforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1159.0 It was not a cistern for the City, but a water store and spring for the city garrison.

• Members

Rolling Hills Baptist Church
Anita, Iowa

6 members and 4 visitors who are more faithful than one of our member families

One of our prOBlems seems to be that we don't have programs for the kids. Well, if we had enough families with kids attend, we could have those programs. But I don't want programs to be the reason folks come.