• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Moderators

Enough. Shoostie, you will treat the other members of this board with respect. 

Regarding the original subject, I have to say that while I don't agree with all Hovind's ideas (particularly the comet/ice age one), I absolutely believe that Mokele Mbembe and the Loch Ness Monster are/were real creatures. (They could both be extinct by now.)  There are too many solid historical accounts of water monsters in the lochs for there to have been nothing there.  I also like the accounts of pterodactyls nesting in an old Welsh castle, and migrating inland for storms, or of the thunderbirds/pterodactyls on the Pacific coast and American Southwest. The book 'After the Flood', although more focused on genealogy than dragon sightings, has some incredible accounts gleaned from medieval records.

• Members
20 minutes ago, Salyan said:

Um, heartstrings, I think you may have put this in the wrong thread? Can you delete it and move it to the appropriate forum? (or better yet, let's let this topic die a quick death. It's incredibly distasteful). ?

I deleted it but it's still in here....  ?

• Members
On 9/17/2019 at 9:42 AM, Shoostie said:

They weren't his employees. I addressed this in my first response of this thread.  You have no understanding of anything.

The official court indictment clearly states "missionaries" and adds that they were "employees" at CSE under the authority of Kent Hovind. But, Shoostie says "they weren't his employees" on one post and on his Sunday (September 15, 2019),  post says that the employees at CSE were "contractors." Who is lying? or trying to deceive? Are the Federal prosecutors lying or in deception? Or, is Shoostie lying or is being deceptive? As far as as I am concerned, Shootsie is an unreliable witness, has been deceptive in his previous answers, deliberately ignored clear scriptural truth. so, I believe that Federal prosecutors are telling the truth and not Shoostie nor Kent Hovind.

Edited by Alan
spelling CES to CSE

• Members

I've heard of employers calling their employees "Independent contractors" in order to avoid having to pay stuff like matching FICA and workman's comp insurance.  Never researched it myself because I don't have employees. This should shed some light on what's legal and what ain't. https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/independent-contractor-defined

• Members
25 minutes ago, heartstrings said:

I've heard of employers calling their employees "Independent contractors" in order to avoid having to pay stuff like matching FICA and workman's comp insurance.  Never researched it myself because I don't have employees. This should shed some light on what's legal and what ain't. https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/independent-contractor-defined

I don't know about over there, but here the ride sharing companies (those that use people with private cars as taxis) and several other companies have been prosecuted for trying to claim that their drivers are contractor to whom they don't have to pay benefits and for whom they don't have to pay taxes.

They were wrong too, and they are not religious, therefore not being religiously persecuted.

• Members

...and there we have it.

It didn't take as long as I thought it would for this guy to show his true colors.

He really let you guys have it!

At least he only condemned me as an IFB and elderly. LOLOL! Hey wait...seems like the Bible says something somewhere about how to treat the elderly??? Hmmm...

Oh well. Just want to let Shootsie know that his diatribes worked; he really put me in my place. I just don't know if I can continue on now or not...I hope the rest of you are stronger than me.

• Members
1 hour ago, Shoostie said:

DaveW, you senile old fool, no one at any ride sharing company has been prosecuted for claiming their drivers are contractors.  And, they're not going to be.  

This is a disgusting personal attack.

I am neither old, nor senile, and you know nothing about me - that is obvious.

And you are wrong. If you paid any real attention you would know you are wrong.

And the language you use to refer to the forum is also a disrespectful disgrace.