• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bethel Sozo

• Members

Does anybody know anything about Bethel Sozo?  

It seems that this charismatic ministry is taking over many churches in the Uk.  I have been told that they take over a church and turn it into a bsiness selling their books and trainging courses, etc. It seems they are run from Bethel Church, Redding CA. My friend who was formerly associated with a local church taken over by them says it is pure witchcraft. I could not find from their site, what a Sozo is but it seems you have to sign a liability release form before undertaking their "training"  See 5th item down on this page, http://www.bethelsozo.org.uk/advice-and-resources

• Members

"And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of  a long time  lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not." 2 Peter 2:2

The Sozo Movement is another religious movement organized by the  false prophets and false teachers that the Apostle Peter warned us about in 2 Peter 2

I would suggest the brethren study 2 Peter 2 in order to know that these false teachers are in the churches trying to make filthy lucre from the saints (that are immature or new in the Lord),and anybody else who is religious and seeking an experience, or that need help in their life, and are turning to religion.

The false teachers of the Bible, translators of these new corrupt versions, and many authors of the New Age Movement, and others, are making 'merchandise' of the saints.

Edited by Alan
correct format

• Members

Thanks Dan and Alan.

My friend says they hate our church and will try to take it over.  The local church they have taken over is not listed on their map buut is mentioned here. http://www.bethelsozo.org.uk/uk-team under Martin Bentley.  My friend says since they first moved into the church it has taken them about 10 years to take over the church and change it. They sold the old church building to be pulled down to be used for housing and bought a large former printing works called the Riverside Press on the outskirts of town, and called it the Riverside Church. Although when passing it I don't remember that it mentioned a church on the building, just the Riverside Café and the types of  coffee they do.  

• Members

You have to love this this.  Call us for an appointment for help from the holy trinity, "There is a suggested donation per session which can be sent in with the application and release form, or the donation can be brought the day you have a ministry session."  sounds like it is required to me not suggested.  And a release form for counseling?  as MR. no Nicolaitans stated "Yikes" indeed.

• 3 months later...
  • Members
On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 3:38 PM, Invicta said:

Does anybody know anything about Bethel Sozo?  

It seems that this charismatic ministry is taking over many churches in the Uk.  I have been told that they take over a church and turn it into a bsiness selling their books and trainging courses, etc. It seems they are run from Bethel Church, Redding CA. My friend who was formerly associated with a local church taken over by them says it is pure witchcraft. I could not find from their site, what a Sozo is but it seems you have to sign a liability release form before undertaking their "training"  See 5th item down on this page, http://www.bethelsozo.org.uk/advice-and-resources

Sozo is a bozo.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Riverside Church no longer mentions Bethel but is now a Vineyard Church, however thse cults  rarely improve with keeping , but usually absorb worse doctrines.  They are now a Vineyard church.  

Edited by Invicta

• Administrators

Interesting that you posted this, @Invicta. On July 4, we had a church picnic. One of the gentlemen who comes to our church (is not a member, but attends pretty regularly because his church doesn't have services other than Sunday am) brought his home health aide with him. She enjoyed herself, but told us her kids and grandkids would be bored - we sing out of the hymnbook! Shocker! Anyway...

She attends a church that is an hour away (lives within 10 minutes of ours). I just now looked it up, figuring I would find a lot of what I did...and, lo and behold, they have a Sozo director (a woman). They have the same info on their site, with the exception of the suggested donation - they simply use the proper word: payment. 

Yes, I'm sure her kids and grandkids would be bored at our church. We are not about entertainment. We are about the Word of God and growing in Christ.  They sound good, but not all that glitters is gold.

"My people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge..."

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Invicta said:

@HappyChristian

Did you come across anything like this.  Note the disclaimer you have to sign.  What Christian ministry requires you so sign a disclaimer

https://www.bathcitychurch.org.uk/Publisher/File.aspx?ID=187541

I didn't see a link to a disclaimer, but I didn't look very hard. It's likely there, since it's a part of the same group. Nothing like covering all the bases, eh? 

• Members

Liability Release Form for Bethel Sozo Ministry I (name) ______________________________________ do hereby release the Bath City Church (BCC) Bethel Sozo Ministry Team and its volunteers from any liability, for any harm or perceived harm resulting from my voluntarily receiving free prayer on this and subsequent visits. I understand that the BCC Bethel Sozo Ministry is staffed by volunteers. They are not professionals of counseling therapy or medical services. I undertake that if I am currently taking medication, or operating under the advice of a professional service, I will allow my medical doctor, therapist or counselor, etc to confirm any results of prayer received before altering any prescribed course of medication or action. I further state that I have voluntarily sought assistance at my own initiative and that I am under no obligation to accept or reject any of the advice or help that I might receive from the team members of this ministry. I understand that these team members are to the best of their ability, doing what they can to help me achieve more freedom in my life. I agree to release Bethel Sozo and the BCC Bethel Sozo Ministry from any and all liability, loss or damage of any kind that may arise as a result of assistance that I have received or from my involvement with it. I understand that the people who will see my information will be BCC Bethel Sozo Leadership only. However in certain circumstances the BCC Bethel Sozo Ministry is legally bound to pass on information to the relevant authorities if a person is at risk, or certain criminal acts are disclosed. For instance, the Children's Act 1989 obliges any confidential disclosures in respect of current child abuse to be reported to the Social Services Department. I have read this disclaimer and release of liability form, and understand and agree with it as my free and voluntary act. Signature_____________________________________ Date ___________________________ Please return this application plus payment and signed liability release form to: Bethel Sozo Ministry, 1 Chancery Lane, Warminster BA12 9JS. Cheques should be made payable to Bethel Sozo South West. Or you can pay by bank transfer to: Bethel Sozo South West – sort code 40-45-23 – account number 41452592 Note: The Sozo Ministry used is modelled on the Sozo Ministry of the Transformation Centre at Bethel Church, Redding, CA96003, USA, (www.ibethel.org)

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Invicta said:

Liability Release Form for Bethel Sozo Ministry I (name) ______________________________________ do hereby release the Bath City Church (BCC) Bethel Sozo Ministry Team and its volunteers from any liability, for any harm or perceived harm resulting from my voluntarily receiving free prayer on this and subsequent visits. I understand that the BCC Bethel Sozo Ministry is staffed by volunteers. They are not professionals of counseling therapy or medical services. I undertake that if I am currently taking medication, or operating under the advice of a professional service, I will allow my medical doctor, therapist or counselor, etc to confirm any results of prayer received before altering any prescribed course of medication or action. I further state that I have voluntarily sought assistance at my own initiative and that I am under no obligation to accept or reject any of the advice or help that I might receive from the team members of this ministry. I understand that these team members are to the best of their ability, doing what they can to help me achieve more freedom in my life. I agree to release Bethel Sozo and the BCC Bethel Sozo Ministry from any and all liability, loss or damage of any kind that may arise as a result of assistance that I have received or from my involvement with it. I understand that the people who will see my information will be BCC Bethel Sozo Leadership only. However in certain circumstances the BCC Bethel Sozo Ministry is legally bound to pass on information to the relevant authorities if a person is at risk, or certain criminal acts are disclosed. For instance, the Children's Act 1989 obliges any confidential disclosures in respect of current child abuse to be reported to the Social Services Department. I have read this disclaimer and release of liability form, and understand and agree with it as my free and voluntary act. Signature_____________________________________ Date ___________________________ Please return this application plus payment and signed liability release form to: Bethel Sozo Ministry, 1 Chancery Lane, Warminster BA12 9JS. Cheques should be made payable to Bethel Sozo South West. Or you can pay by bank transfer to: Bethel Sozo South West – sort code 40-45-23 – account number 41452592 Note: The Sozo Ministry used is modelled on the Sozo Ministry of the Transformation Centre at Bethel Church, Redding, CA96003, USA, (www.ibethel.org)

Thanks - I meant I didn't see a link on the website of the church I was looking at.

Isn't it something to need a disclaimer about the results of prayer? Sure makes me wonder about that "prayer" time...not enough to experience it, though.?