• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hello Is anyone willing to be interviewed?

• Moderators

You said there aren't any Baptists in your area. What area might that be?

I would not normally point this out except you said you taking college level English, however, collage is an artistic display or several pictures in a single print or frame, college is an institution of higher learning. (Better for it to be pointed out before you you make that mistake on a school paper, I'm assuming English is not your native tongue)

More import than these items is the following: please explain how a person can ABSOLUTELY be assured that they are reconciled with God, be cleansed from their sin and have Heaven as their destination upon death?

• Members
45 minutes ago, OLD fashioned preacher said:

I would not normally point this out except you said you taking college level English, however, collage is an artistic display or several pictures in a single print or frame, college is an institution of higher learning. (Better for it to be pointed out before you you make that mistake on a school paper, I'm assuming English is not your native tongue)

It was probably just a type-o.  You know, like I'm sure you meant, "you are taking" instead of "you taking."  A simple type-o doesn't mean that English isn't her native language.

46 minutes ago, OLD fashioned preacher said:

More import than these items is the following: please explain how a person can ABSOLUTELY be assured that they are reconciled with God, be cleansed from their sin and have Heaven as their destination upon death?

She may or may not even be Christian.  She simply asked if anyone would be willing to be interviewed for her college class.  That's why I asked if she would give us a bit more information.

• Members

I hope I'm wrong, but I have the feeling the interview is wanted for the purposes of mocking our faith.  Most colleges are hostile toward Christianity in general, not to mention the Baptist denomination.  To do a paper that paints Baptists in a positive light would, indeed, be a bold move in a college English class; unless it was a Christian college, in which case it wouldn't be difficult to find a Baptist to interview.

My guess is that she discovered Westboro Baptist and wanted to do a paper on them, but they refused, so she's trying to find other Baptists to interview in their place.

13 minutes ago, Invicta said:

And very often they don't reply.

Since she has remained silent, she has probably moved on.

Edited by Brother Stafford

• Members
3 hours ago, Brother Stafford said:

I hope I'm wrong, but I have the feeling the interview is wanted for the purposes of mocking our faith.  Most colleges are hostile toward Christianity in general, not to mention the Baptist denomination.  To do a paper that paints Baptists in a positive light would, indeed, be a bold move in a college English class; unless it was a Christian college, in which case it wouldn't be difficult to find a Baptist to interview.

My guess is that she discovered Westboro Baptist and wanted to do a paper on them, but they refused, so she's trying to find other Baptists to interview in their place.

Since she has remained silent, she has probably moved on.

My initial thoughts too.

But maybe a new slant...

I remembered several years back when we were getting these folks from overseas soliciting to get an email address so they could talk privately about some money problem and "You will be rewarded very well for helping."

• Members
3 minutes ago, 1Timothy115 said:

My initial thoughts too.

But maybe a new slant...

I remembered several years back when we were getting these folks from overseas soliciting to get an email address so they could talk privately about some money problem and "You will be rewarded very well for helping."

That makes much more sense.

• Moderators

Hey, everyone. 

I understand the skepticism some have towards requests like this, but it's really not a very welcoming way to greet new members. If y'all must discuss the legitimacy of a new member, could you at least do it in another area?

• Moderators
3 hours ago, 1Timothy115 said:

What area is available for us to secretly discuss legitimacy of a new member's request? Other than the request post itself?

I didn't say secretly, I said somewhere else. The IFB forums might be a good place.

It is not great for a legitimate new member to come back to her introduction post and find it filled with people wondering whether she is a fake. 

• Administrators

We can certainly take this to another forum. But I do have to say in all honesty that we have at times questioned a new member's legitimacy, intentions and also asked them about their beliefs and the church that they attend.

In any event Salyan, if you feel that this may be offensive you could create another thread and move these replies to it. I would not be opposed to this at all. I do see your point and admit that since you mentioned it I, myself, have second thoughts.