• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

John Young

What soul winning Bible do you use and why?

3 hours ago, John Young said:

We'll, obviously! "Smile face"

Perhaps you could explain your question a bit.  I think we are all thinking, "KJV."  Are you asking about thinner, portable or inexpensive printings that can be given away?  If so, many dollar stores sell complete KJVs as well as pocket New Testaments.  They are very economical and easy to carry and give away.  Also, Local Church Bible Publishers has the Gospel of John (KJV) in a newspaper format that is wonderful for handing out.  They include them in your package when you purchase a Bible from them, but they don't list them for sale on their site.  You have to call them and request to purchase them.  I think they're 10 cents or so a piece.

I think I understand John Young's question. John Young is strong KJV. So, I think that it was not his thoughts on which version you use soul-winning. If I am in error please let me know. Maybe he thought do you use a Catholic version when you witness to Catholics?

I have seen some New Testament soul-winnig bibles with the doctrinal verses, and the salvation verses, underlined in red with a cross-reference beside the verse in the margin. I have one of these in the States, but not one with me here. So, I do not know the name of it.

Maybe John Young is referring to one of these underlined, or cross referenced, styles.

What I mean is when you all go to present the gospel, Do you use your regular Bible or do you have anything in particular that you use to help in your soul winning efforts?

Just curious as to what everyone uses.

Edited by John Young

I use my regular 1769 KJV. I have both Romans Road and John's Road (road mapped) in my Bible and I have copies of both printed to give people.

I rely to a great extent on personal testimony and memorized scripture both quotation and paraphrase.

Often times my phone now.

I had a small complete Bible, pocket sized, but it got washed one day and I haven't found a replacement as good (text size, etc).

At church I use my "preaching Bible".

I have a cheap "give away bible" in the car at all times.

I use whatever is appropriate and at hand at the time.

We deal with a lot of Buddhists and some of the passages that we need to talk about is located in the Old Testament. So, on our regular visitation efforts I normally take my personal Bible with both Testaments instead of just the New Testament.

Depends on where I am. I keep a KJV Bible at work in case I get an opportunity to share my faith or have a study here; it is a simple, unadorned Bible with no references or such. I have my KJV New Open Bible I normally use for my preaching and reaching Bible-it has a lot of extras-more of a study Bible, with notes and definitions, object lessons, a section on biblical archaeology, how to convert weights, measures, money, etc. They stopped printing them some time back which is a shame-I really like it.

Typically my soul winning bible is the one that I read daily and use for everything else. I always use one bible at a time, I don't have say a "preaching bible" a "reading bible" and a "soul winning" bible, I prefer to use one at a time so that I am familiar the layout and physical location of passages.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Roselove
      I’ve been interested in starting one of those plans where you are sent a study on each part of the Bible every day, until you get through the whole book, in a year. Has anyone done one of these? I want to make sure I use one with Biblically sound studies. Has anyone followed one that they trust?
    • By Jordan Kurecki
      What is everyone’s thoughts on the Thompson Chain Reference Bible? I really did not like it the first time I saw one, but now I’ve come to realize that it is a great tool for getting into God’s word and digging into it. I have found it stimulates my devotional reading and is very helpful for digging into the different topics in a particular text. I like that it causes you to just move around in the Bible day apart from some notes in the back it has basically no theological bias. 
    • By Roselove
      I was wondering, does anyone know of a Bible translation, that is as accurate as the KJV, but has more modern writing? 

• By Alan
      I saw this poem in the March 10, 2017, Vol. LXXXIII, No. 5, issue of 'The Sword of the Lord.' The Poem did not list any credits, or an author, and may be found on page 3, under, 'For Preachers.'
      My Bible
      Though the cover is worn
      And the pages are torn
                        And though places bear
                      traces of tears,
      Yet more precious than gold
      Is the Book, worn and old,
                         That can shatter and scatter
        my fears.
      When I prayerfully look
          In the precious old Book,
                                 As my eyes scan the pages I
      see
      Many tokens of love
            From the Father above
                              Who is nearest and dearest
            to me.
      This old Book is my Guide;
      'Tis a Friend by my side;
                         It will lighten and brighten
            my way.
      And each promise I find
                 Soothes and gladden my mind
                  As I read it and heed it
      today.

• By DougA
      OK so here's the problem,  I have an issue talking to people in my church about my believes because of persecution. I was born and raised Southern Baptist and that is what I am today but for 10 years in between now and then I was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints. I did several studies throughout my time there and before a joined on verses in the Bible that link to their beliefs. Everyone that I know in the Baptist Church has said that Jesus was pre-ordained to save us from our sins but no one wants to take knowledge that He was there before the world was formed. Also the fact that Genesis states there was more than one dirty speaking in the garden to Adam and Eve. It states Man has now become like us. We shall make man in our image. Who is God talking to if Jesus wasn't born yet? The Bible if you look up the names of Jesus in Hebrew states that Jesus was the one who Moses spoke to on mount  sinai.  And if God is the same yesterday today and forever and he spoke to several prophets of the Old Testament when they were children why would he not speak to a seven-year-old boy in this day and age who asked for guidance? There are several other key references in the book of Mormon that can be traced back to the Bible. How can an uneducated boy write a powerful 500 page book that moved enough hearts to make people leave their homes around the world and move to Utah by foot at the risk of death and starvation? Jesus even said in the New Testament when the disciples didn't know what to name the primitive church He told them to name it after Him because if it's named after a man then it's a mans church. If it's named after Jesus the son of God it's His church and His doctrine which all Christian's should follow. How exactly is it wrong. Please can someone who is a minister and actually educated in the true ways of the LDS church and not just listened to a few sermons telling how it's wrong but actually went to the horses mouth and prayed tell me what I should do.