• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members
On 4/3/2017 at 10:18 AM, Ukulelemike said:

Well, sort of. It kind of depends on wich prophet you read, or which of their 'authoritative' books you read. Some claim Jesus to be God, Himself. Somce say he is Adam. Some say he is only ONE of the billions of spirit children of Elohim, as is Lucifer. Their doctrine is such a mess, because every 'prophet' of the church is allowed authority to write, or re-write, what has been written, as part of their progressive revelation. Even the book of Mormon declares unequivocably that there is only ONE God who is everlasting, and that Jesus IS God, while Doctrines and Covenants clearly says otherwise, as did Bring'em Young.

In fact, when compared, there is more true doctrine in the Book of Mormon about God than any of their other books, which disagree terribly one with another. It is amazing to me that ANYONE can be so stupid, or willingly ignorant, as to fall for it.

I agree with your assessment that LDS theology has changed. Yes, Brigham Young taught the Adam-God doctrine, but that belief died shortly with him. The problem is that the Mormons are trying to appear more orthodox to the public, but under the surface they still hold to many of the past beliefs. President Joseph Fielding Smith is widely considered to be the "authority" of defining LDS doctrine. My first calling in the LDS was  2nd counselor in the Sunday School Presidency, and my responsibilities (along with the 1rst counselor) was to learn LDS doctrine, and keep a watchful ear for false doctrine being taught in the Sunday School classes and report back to the Sunday School President. It's in these classes where most non-mormons won't hear the actual doctrines being taught.

Your comment about there being "more true doctrine in the Book of Mormon" is also accurate. In fact, the break away group, now called the Community of Christ are trinitarian because they rejected Brigham Young as successor and do not hold the Pearl of Great Price and Doctrine and Convenants as scripture. Interestingly, this is the group that Joseph wife, Emma followed and Joseph's Smiths children were considered his rightful successors.

• Moderators

We are p[raying about obtaining the old LDS church building here in our town, to use for our building. In it, they have left tons of their own books, sunday school lessons, from the earliest to the oldest groups. I hope we can because I'd like to keep a copy of each to read from their own manuals what they actually teach today. And burn the rest.

It drives me nuts, they only want $89,000 for the building, easily worth that much, but we just don't have it. The Lord would have to pretty much give it, or the money, to us, as we could afford payments or the utilities and insurance to keep it open, but not both. No, I'm not hinting at anything here, bby the way, I am quite certain that's not something anyone could do, anyways, lol.