• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

California

• Members

Pray that it secedes or falls into the ocean?  If they were to leave the Union, they'd quickly go bankrupt and become another failed communist state.  I say let all the American Commies leave the USA and go to Kalifornia, to their utopia and leave us all alone.  Fat chance, I know. 

• Administrators

There is a movement within California to secede from California and make the northern part, along with southern Oregon the fifty first state that would be named The State of Jefferson.

This is because of the highly populated sections of both states calling all the shots politically, to the exclusion of rural areas. The population centers get to implement laws and regulations that affect rural sections of the state that they know nothing about.

This movement has been going on since 1942 and will probably go nowhere.If you Google "State of Jefferson" you will get the whole story.

• Members

There was one thing, no two, well make it three.

First, Kate Stienly (sp)  gets shot by an illegal alien, then they want to become the 'sanctuary state!' for illegals, finally, they try to burn down Berkley.

I suppose its the aggregation of issues over time, their elected representatives' lack of understanding of middle U.S. and rural Californians.

I suppose I should just pray God will continue to bless Californians who are His and pray for salvation for those who are lost.

• Members

California won't be going anywhere. They'll fold like a cheap lawn chair if the secede. 

Incidentally, New York State has tried to secede from New York City on numerous occasions because the state on the most part is conservative while the city is made up  liberals draining the state of money. Albany depends too much on NYC for their bureaucratic jobs, though, so it won't be happening.

58 minutes ago, Salyan said:

There's an awful lot of talk from liberal Americans right now about moving to Canada 'cause they lost. WE DON'T WANT THEM EITHER!!

Canada said they don't want them. Ironically, Canada's immigration laws and enforcement is much stronger than ours and if we implemented similar laws they liberals would riot and want Trump murdered.

Edited by fastjav390

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, fastjav390 said:

Canada said they don't want them. Ironically, Canada's immigration laws and enforcement is much stronger than ours and if we implemented similar laws they liberals would riot and want Trump murdered.

Yah, that's what I said. I'm Canadian. :-D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Pray for people displaced in Northern California from the Oroville Dam Spillway collapse. I know we could make all kinds of assumptions but, brothers and sisters in the Lord, as well as the lost could have homes, businesses, and lives lost from this tragedy.

Down river from the spillway, is another Dam, another diversion spillway into the Thermalito Forebay and Afterbay, the Feather River, another spillway from the afterbay, Yuba City, the Sacramento River, and Sacramento.

• Moderators
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 6:39 AM, Jim_Alaska said:

There is a movement within California to secede from California and make the northern part, along with southern Oregon the fifty first state that would be named The State of Jefferson.

This is because of the highly populated sections of both states calling all the shots politically, to the exclusion of rural areas. The population centers get to implement laws and regulations that affect rural sections of the state that they know nothing about.

This movement has been going on since 1942 and will probably go nowhere.If you Google "State of Jefferson" you will get the whole story.

I have been a part of this movement for a while; the primary issue is under-representation-we have all of 6 representatives, total, in the entire northern third of the state, as opposed to like 140 in the southern 2/3. Therefore, places like LA and San Francisco can vote to take from us up here and we have no say in the matter. An example recently, is the fire tax-in the northern rural parts of California, we have to pay an annual tax to fund CalFire for fighting fires in rural areas. Except, they don't do any fire-fighting in our area, or in most of the areas that pay the tax. AND, the money doen't go to the fire fighters, it goes to the offices down in LA. So, LA voted for US to pay THEM for a service WE don't receive. And they don't pay it there.

7 hours ago, 1Timothy115 said:

Pray for people displaced in Northern California from the Oroville Dam Spillway collapse. I know we could make all kinds of assumptions but, brothers and sisters in the Lord, as well as the lost could have homes, businesses, and lives lost from this tragedy.

Down river from the spillway, is another Dam, another diversion spillway into the Thermalito Forebay and Afterbay, the Feather River, another spillway from the afterbay, Yuba City, the Sacramento River, and Sacramento.

This is another great example: LA and much of Southern  and central California get a lot of their water from...Oroville! For years it has been know that there was damage to the main spillway, but it has never been repaired because, well, it had never needed to be used. So they ignored it until it has now become a problem. the main spillways is virtually destroyed, and the emergency spillway wasn't even designed with water spillage in mind-it just flowed right down onto a road built below it, and over the hillside, where it has quickly eroded away.  They have pretty much killed their golden goose. The south and central taking the North for advantage-WE get to feel the pain of the administration's neglect.

By the way, my daughter lives in Oroville in a house owned by my wife and I, her mother's house, who has passed on. So we have yet another stake in it.

So prayer, yes, pray the dam gets repaired, pray the coming storm Wed or Thur may be diverted north or south by the hand of God and that mercy may be shown on those hurting with no way to do anything about it. And pray that Jefferson is accomplished and liberty can again be practiced, at least for a little while, and let the rest of the state do as it pleases if it will continue to kick against the pricks.

• Members
19 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

So prayer, yes, pray the dam gets repaired, pray the coming storm Wed or Thur may be diverted north or south by the hand of God and that mercy may be shown on those hurting with no way to do anything about it. And pray that Jefferson is accomplished and liberty can again be practiced, at least for a little while, and let the rest of the state do as it pleases if it will continue to kick against the pricks.

Yes, I was thinking of Jim but I'll be thinking of you in prayer too (I didn't notice your in Cal.). I guess the Lord is showing me how I can pray for California. I see Gov. Brown has asked President Trump's admin. for help, maybe something will happen to repair the spillway. Yes, I'm continuing to pray for this situation.