Online Baptist

Paul, Chosen of the Lord Jesus as the 12th Apostle.

• Independent Fundamental Baptist
12 hours ago, Alan said:

Genevanpreacher,

You are twisting the words of the Lord Jesus in an effort to defend your own personal interpretation of the scriptures. 

Too claim that since all have the Holy Spirit and since all are given the Great Commision in effect makes us all apostles, in my opinon, is heresy.

The Lord Jesus verbally called Paul as the Apostle to replace the office of Judas Iscariot in order to fulfill Psalm 109:8

Alan 

And Alan, just where am I twisting the Lord Jesus' words??

12 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

As for the silly idea that the 12 apostles were not led by the Holy Spirit before pentecost - the Lord Jesus gave'm him - well, here, once again let God tell us - in John 20 -

21  Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

22  And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:"

And as stated before, the actual English word means 'sent for a particular reason', then we all are apostles. For who would deny that the 'great commission' is not for us all?

19  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20  Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

And that is a direct quote from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ himself. 

Not Bro. Greene.

Nor Alan.

But as some here would deny even these things for a private interpretation, I guess we could just throw those verses out too.

Show me wrong.

The apostle's had the Holy Spirit. The same Holy Spirit that would guide the disciples, called apostle's, into all truth -

"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you." (John 16:13-15)

And, Alan, the Lord Jesus did open their minds before he left, to understand the scriptures - which included Psalms -

"And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures"

Don't you think this is HOW they got the idea to replace Judas?

Open your eyes a leeeetle wider.

Edited by Genevanpreacher

Brethren,

Nothing that genevanpreacher said is worthy of serious bible study.

As I have said before, according to Psalm 109:8, the office of the apostleship of Judas Iscariot was given to Paul the Apostle.  The Lord Jesus Christ personally, and verbally, chose Paul to take the office of Judas Iscariot. "But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel." Acts 9:15 

Genevanpreacher openly rejects the prophecy of David in Psalm 109:8 and the words of the Lord Jesus in Acts 9:15.

23 hours ago, Alan said:

Paul is clearly the replacement of the office of Judas Iscariot in fulfillment of Psalm 109:8, "Let his days be few; and another take his office."

10 hours ago, Alan said:

The facts concerning the calling of Paul to replace Judas Iscariot, in his office of an Apostle, are as I wrote them in accordance to the doctrines of the scriptures.

Alan

The Holy Spirit inspired King David to write the prophecy of Psalm 109:8 and the choosing of the very carefully selected words of the Lord Jesus in Acts 9:15. Genevanpreacher wants the scriptures to say the words of the prophets and the words of the Lord Jesus the way he wants them to say them or he will not believe. In doing so, he twists the words of scripture to take away their meaning and doctrine. I prefer to believe the scriptures as they are written and not how I think they should be written.  

Alan

Edited by Alan
deleted repeated phrase
1 hour ago, Alan said:

Brethren,

Nothing that genevanpreacher said is worthy of serious bible study.

As I have said before, according to Psalm 109:8, the office of the apostleship of Judas Iscariot was given to Paul the Apostle.  The Lord Jesus Christ personally, and verbally, chose Paul to take the office of Judas Iscariot. "But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel." Acts 9:15 

Genevanpreacher openly rejects the prophecy of David in Psalm 109:8 and the words of the Lord Jesus in Acts 9:15.

The Holy Spirit inspired King David to write the prophecy of Psalm 109:8 and the choosing of the very carefully selected words of the Lord Jesus in Acts 9:15. Genevanpreacher wants the scriptures to say the words of the prophets and the words of the Lord Jesus the way he wants them to say them or he will not believe. In doing so, he twists the words of scripture to take away their meaning and doctrine. I prefer to believe the scriptures as they are written and not how I think they should be written.  

Alan

You have to be the vainest minister I have ever come across Alan.

You can't answer those verses I asked about can you? I added nothing to God's word, but you have added multiple imaginations to support your very weak opinion of what you interpret that the scriptures mean.

How dare you be so firmly hard shell about saying that "Nothing" I said was worthy of studying!!!

I DO NOT reject, and HAVE NOT rejected in ANY shape or form, neither of your 2 references named above!!

AND to say this - "Genevanpreacher wants the scriptures to say the words of the prophets and the words of the Lord Jesus the way he wants them to say them or he will not believe. In doing so, he twists the words of scripture to take away their meaning and doctrine. I prefer to believe the scriptures as they are written and not how I think they should be written" is EXACTLY what you have done!!

Wow! You have TOTALLY gone off the deep end Alan, you might as well hang up your KJV and move on to something worthy of such nonsense as to lie about me, when there is PLENTY of questions you have not answered, and PLENTY of verses you have NO answer for, which totally refute your imaginations about Jesus Christ telling us that Paul is the 12th apostle, which he NEVER did, and then claim YOU have this secret code of understanding the real meaning behind the actual words of the God of all creation that he had written down for all of us to read directly.

I refute your belief as nonsense.

Judas is dead. Matthias is dead. Paul is dead. Whither Paul was numbered with the 12 or not is not even doctrine. It makes no practicle differance in our ministry or daily walk. It was an interesting academic exercise at one point, but it has now gone way beyond that, and for no purpose I can see except personal pride.

Pick your battles, fellas. There are subjects worthy of drawing swords over, but this isn't one of them.

6 minutes ago, weary warrior said:

Judas is dead. Matthias is dead. Paul is dead. Whither Paul was numbered with the 12 or not is not even doctrine. It makes no practicle differance in our ministry or daily walk. It was an interesting academic exercise at one point, but it has now gone way beyond that, and for no purpose I can see except personal pride.

Pick your battles, fellas. There are subjects worthy of drawing swords over, but this isn't one of them.

Except Alan's lie of "the Lord said...".

Alan makes up a new doctrine, and yes, WW, anything taught IS doctrine, and Alan is perverted in his Bible study just enough to prove the masses reading this thread that we must all be fools.

3 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

Except Alan's lie of "the Lord said...".

Alan makes up a new doctrine, and yes, WW, anything taught IS doctrine, and Alan is perverted in his Bible study just enough to prove the masses reading this thread that we must all be fools.

Genevanpreacher,

There is no lie in my teaching that Paul was the Apostle to replace Judas Isaciot. This is not a new doctrine, I proved that quoting Oliver B. Greene. Once I proved that I was not the originator of this teaching you berated not only me, but you also berated Bro. Greene . 

Nor is there any perversion in my Bible study. I have taught the truth. Nor have I considered anybody else who tried to discuss this a fool. The problem lies with you: genevanpreacher. You, genevanpreacher, have been the individual who has tried to cause disension, tried to 'bait' me in getting mad and irritated, and have had an argumentive spirit throughout the discussion on this thread. In my opinion you did so to disrupt the discussion (because you did not agree with it), and derail the thread. Also, you tried to create an argumentive spirit on the Titus thread in an effort to derail that thread.

Brethren,

I have the utmost regard for the other brethren who have participated in this discussion.

Even though we are not in complete agreement, I have not considered the other brethren as fools. I have considered you as my friends and have tried to limit this discussion on pupose so we can find common ground in the study of the scriptures.

I find no fault with any of the other brethren. In fact, the other brethren has tried to placate genevanpreacher and me. For which, I want to publicly thank weary warrior, Rebecca, fastjav390, NoNicolaitans and John Young. I appreciate not only your discussions but your fine spirit. I consider it an honor to be able to discuss this subject and any other subject; whether we agree or disagree.

May God bless you all.

Alan

Edited by Alan
capitalization spelling

I deleted my other comment because it wasn't edifying. However, I do want to say, that the disagreement between NN and Alan actually did encourage me because in my mind that is how two Christians should behave when disagreeing on a subject. When neither one could sway the other, they amicably "shook hands" so to speak and left off. I had hopes that other argument would end the same way. I had also hoped to be able to contribute to this thread again concerning the main subject, but at this point, I will bow out. Thank you for all those who politely spoke up and provided scripture to support their belief on this subject, I appreciate it! :)