• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Antichrist will come from

• Members
11 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

A Jewish soldier heard a voice from heaven say build the temple now at the waling wall when they took Jerusalem in 1967.

I read a report from some professors from Hebrew University who'd been illegally exploring the tunnels under the Dome of the Rock & found the temple stood beside the Dome's site, not on it. Whatever the situation really is, the Jews will quickly build a temple when they believe they can do so without setting off a huge war. I lean toward the belief that the man of sin will broker a deal between Jew & Muslim that'll allow the Jews to build it peacefully.

• Members
On 3/18/2019 at 7:58 PM, 2bLikeJesus said:

My only problem with speculating that the anti-Christ will come out of Rome or be a Gentile in any way is that the Jews will accept him as their Messiah.  I can't see any Jewish nation accepting a Gentile as Messiah.  I believe the anti-Christ must be a Jew.

That is interesting.  Have you any biblical references to say the Jews will accept antichrist.

• Members

I am afraid I will have to look into this more closely.   I will admit that "end-times prophesy" is by far my least favorite doctrine.  I favor practical Christian living studies over things that will be happening after I am called out of here.  Teach me how to be more like Jesus, not what the Antichrist will look like. 

• Administrators
On 3/20/2019 at 4:45 AM, Eric Stahl said:

The lie happens after the rapture. My guess is that the rapture is an alien abduction.

This Scripture doesn't sound like an alien abduction to me. Besides, there is no such thing as aliens or their abductions.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 
 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 

• Members
18 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

This Scripture doesn't sound like an alien abduction to me. Besides, there is no such thing as aliens or their abductions.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 
 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 

Matthew 24:26-27

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

When Jesus comes in the clouds the world will see his light and we will be missing but our clothing will be laying in piles.  What do you think the antichrist will say to explain what happened?

• Administrators

He could say anything he likes Eric. But you said "my guess is that the rapture is an alien abduction.." I thought you meant that this was your own personal explanation. If I misunderstood I am sorry.

• Members
On 3/24/2019 at 6:11 PM, Eric Stahl said:

Matthew 24:26-27

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

When Jesus comes in the clouds the world will see his light and we will be missing but our clothing will be laying in piles.  What do you think the antichrist will say to explain what happened?

I can't really guess what he will say, but his followers will accept whatever he says without question, I believe.

• Members
On 3/28/2019 at 3:06 AM, robycop3 said:

I can't really guess what he will say, but his followers will accept whatever he says without question, I believe.

God will cause the people that heard the gospel and rejected Jesus to believe the lie of the antichrist. Many Americans will be caused by God to believe the antichrist.

2 Thessalonians 2:6-12

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

• Members
1 hour ago, Eric Stahl said:

Many Americans will be caused by God to believe the antichrist. 

Jerry said, "Many Americans. How about many people from all over the world."

Jerry was one hundred per cent correct. I:23_28_100:

The vast majority of people, in all of the different nations of the world, reject the gospel of Jesus Christ as their Saviour.

The people, in all of the different nations of the world, who have rejected the gospel of Jesus Christ as their Saviour will believe the lie of the anti-Christ, just as Paul the Apostle stated. Paul the apostle did not list, or single out, America, or any other one country.

Lately, it is becoming popular for people to write, without concrete scriptural truth, that America will be the seat of the anti-Christ. After considering all of the scripture references given, I do not believe it at all.

Edited by Alan
added the quote

• Administrators

Although no one can say for sure, I have always believed that the Anti Christ will be of Middle Eastern descent. There are Scriptures that point in that direction, while there are no Scriptures that point exclusively to America.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Although no one can say for sure, I have always believed that the Anti Christ will be of Middle Eastern descent. There are Scriptures that point in that direction, while there are no Scriptures that point exclusively to America.

I believe, also, that he would have to be from one of the 12 tribes, in order for the Jews to accept him as their messiah. I've heard that it would likely be from the tribe of Dan, and I think Gen. 49:17 is one reason folks think so.  "Dan shall be a serpent in the way, a viper by the path, that bites the horse’s heels so that his rider falls backward. He will be a serpent by the road, a viper in the path, that bites the horse’s heels so that its rider tumbles backward. "Dan shall be a serpent in the way, A horned snake in the path, That bites the horse's heels, So that his rider falls backward."