• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

WHAT IN THE WORLD???

• Members

Today, I received the following through the contact page of our church website:

Name
Pastor Peter Lott

Email
victoryoutreachchurchoffice@gmail.com

Subject
PASSION CONFERENCE 2017

Comment
Victory Church, UK
High Street,
Chepstow,
Monmouthshire, UK
NP16 5LH
Email: victoryoutreachchurchoffice@gmail.com
Church Office Phone: (44) 703 193 3462

Greetings to you Pastor Scott Markle,

I am Pastor Peter Lott of Victory Church, United Kingdom. We are writing to invite you to be our guest speaker at our upcoming conference tagged "PASSION CONFERENCE 2017" coming up from 7th through 9th of April 2017.

The purpose of this conference is to trigger the pursuit of deep Christianity among youth, young adult, old and partial Christians.

VENUE: Conference Hall (Inside Church Premises)
High Street,
Chepstow,
Monmouthshire, UK
NP16 5LH
Date : April 7th to April 9th 2017
Scheduled Topic: Setting Aside Mundane Affairs and Passionately Pursuing Christ
Theme: Shinning like stars in the world through the Gospel

Your expertise and experience in this field of work will be an excellent addition to our programme (PASSION CONFERENCE), as many of our visitors will look forward to hearing and learning from your work. It is an honor to be able to invite you to be a guest speaker
for a talk on (Setting Aside Mundane Affairs and Passionately Pursuing Christ), as we have read your profile on your online website (http://www.melvinbaptistchurch.com/) and aware of your great contribution to this field of work.

We look forward to a positive response. If you can RSVP in 48 hours to our contact details (victoryoutreachchurchoffice@gmail.com) and we will provide you with additional information you might require.

PS: Flight arrangement, hotel accommodation, ground transportation and honorarium will be sorted by the event organizing committee.

Greater Peace,

Pastor Peter Lott
Victory Church, UK
(44) 703 193 3462

WHAT IN THE WORLD??? How can a ministry even consider calling a "special speaker" from a foreign country without any prior knowledge of that individual, considering only what may be found on that individual's church website???

• Members
21 minutes ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

I am sorry, Brother Stafford; but I will need a translation.

"They are very crazy in their heads!"

Oh!  I don't mean for choosing you, I mean for doing it without speaking with you first.  

(Now removing my foot from my mouth)

Edited by Brother Stafford

• Members

I probably don't need to say this to you Bro. Scott, but I would check THEM out before I responded...

I hate to say it, but such is the world today. People make off-the-cuff decisions based on the very little information that they garner from the web...one of the downsides to the technological world we live in.

If they "checked out" to be true and genuine, then I would respond according to what was right and reasonable based on scriptural principles.

Looks like you're "moving up in the world"! LOL!

• Members
43 minutes ago, No Nicolaitans said:

I probably don't need to say this to you Bro. Scott, but I would check THEM out before I responded...

I hate to say it, but such is the world today. People make off-the-cuff decisions based on the very little information that they garner from the web...one of the downsides to the technological world we live in.

If they "checked out" to be true and genuine, then I would respond according to what was right and reasonable based on scriptural principles.

Looks like you're "moving up in the world"! LOL!

Thank you for the advice, Brother McWhorter.  However, "checking them out" was something that I did right away.  First, they are NOT a group with which I would engage in ministry fellowship.  Second, Google did seem to indicate that there is some kind of hoax involved.  (I did not follow the "hoax" line very far since I already knew that they were a group with which I would NOT be engaging in ministry fellowship.)

• Administrators

I'm sorry, but I laughed out loud as I read this. Not that I think you're a bad choice, Pastor Scott - I think you would be a great addition to any truly biblical conference. I just had the thought of the Nigerian email scam heading over to the UK and getting religion. LOL 

• 7 months later...