• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Please pray

• Administrators

We have been having bad snow storms and been without power for three days last week and two days this week. Just got power back tonight, so have been offline for two days. Weather service says there is more and worse coming, so if you don't see me online you will know why.

A few prayers coming my way would be appreciated. Being without power in cold country is not very pleasant.

• Administrators

Thank you Bro. Stafford. So far the predicted three feet of snow has not materialized, it rained all night and is still raining. Heavy, wet snow takes down trees and they fall across power lines. We are very rural here and power lines run through the forest for the most part. Most residences have old growth trees growing right to the property lines and into the yards. It makes it very difficult for power companies to keep the power on when it snows. We are also in very steep, mountainous country, this makes for great difficulty for the power company when the power goes out. Many downed lines are in almost inaccessible country.

Thank you for your prayers.....springs-a-comin'. :)

• Members

Just saw this...not sure how I missed it!

I'll be praying for you Bro. Jim. I understand your ruralallity (probably not an actual word, but it sounds good!). I grew up in rural Alabama (for the most part of my life), and when it would just rain, we would lose power...not sure what that was about. As of now, we had an ice storm a couple of weeks ago, and stopped Georgia dead in its tracks for about 24 hours. For the last few days, it's been in the 70s for the highs and 50s for the lows. I hope and pray that things go well for you, and I'll be praying.