• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I'm Not Looking For Answers, Just Questions!

• Members

No seriously, I really don't want discussions on this thread. I am working on a project and I need some extra direction for my foundation.

What I'm looking for is questions that people have concerning good music versus bad music, whether it be you, someone you know, Billy Graham; I really don't care, I just need my project to be relevant and a little deeper than what I've been able to get a hold of.

There is a lot of information out there about music, but it seems to be a party line. Everybody is saying the same things, the same way, and it's not addressing the issue to the satisfaction of most people. What I want to do is get the job done in a way that either you love it or you send me a letter bomb.

So if you could send me some concerns about right/wrong music, I would really appreciate it. Just know that if it turns into an argument, this thread will get locked.

• Moderators

Background from my perspective on this question that I have heard:  I was raised in a musical family, raised to sing, reading music, to a point, but no real study in music theory. So, that being said, I have heard it said that a rythym with the emphasis on the 1&3 beats is more proper than the emphasis on the 2&4 beats, being more particularly worldly. Can you explain why this is?