• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I am a car!

• Members
25 minutes ago, DaveW said:

Are you black and white?

And are you italian?

They would seem to be kinda important things if you want to be two toned italian shoes.........

Didn't you read what our in house SJW said?  We can be whatever we want to be by just stating it as a fact.  He is a car because he says he is and I am a pair of size 9 & 1/2 two toned wing tip Italian shoes with spats because I said so.  That's all that is needed.  If you're going to question what we identify as, then you can just take your hateful references to objective truth and reasoning and jump in a lake!  This is could be thought of as a campus of learning and so I demand........

5 minutes ago, Genevanpreacher said:

Well Dave, you have to be a Honda.

As a disciple of the Lord - you must strive to be... Oh, lets just quote the verse- 

"These all continued with one accord"  Acts 1:14.

So the Honda Accord was the car of choice for the followers of Jesus. 

:)

LOL!

• Members

Brother Stafford,

If you want to be a pair of Italian two tone shoes, being Italian and being two toned would seem to me to be important attributes to have, wouldn't they?

I am a car by the way, but certainly not a Honda.

To be a Honda I would have to have a Honda Badge on my tail, or at least a VIN stating that I was manufactured by Honda, and I don't have either of them.

• Members
13 minutes ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

Well, I do not know about all of these objective requirements for what one chooses to identify as.  I mean, is it not commonly accepted now that one can identify as a woman, even though that one does not objectively possess any woman-parts at all?

I am sorry brother, but I am not sure what you mean - isn't it enough to just say you are something?

Are you suggesting that there might some particular things to look for to establish what someone or something is?

I get the feeling that maybe you don't think I am a car............

• Members
23 minutes ago, DaveW said:

I am sorry brother, but I am not sure what you mean - isn't it enough to just say you are something?

Are you suggesting that there might some particular things to look for to establish what someone or something is?

I get the feeling that maybe you don't think I am a car............

No sir. I am saying that objective requirements of evidence should NOT be required. Is that not the way of present-day thinking?

Thus, Brother Stafford, does NOT have to actually be Italian or two-toned in color.

Nor would you have to actually possess a Honda badge or a VIN number.

• Members
21 minutes ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

No sir. I am saying that objective requirements of evidence should NOT be required. Is that not the way of present-day thinking?

Thus, Brother Stafford, does NOT have to actually be Italian or two-toned in color.

But then I could just say I was whatever I wanted without any burden of having to prove it....

And no one could deny my claim.

But then, how you would ever know who or what someone was?

And what if someone was lying about what they were? how would you know, and how would you warn others that they were not what they said they were?

• Members

Yet for one to 'say he is an IFB' he DOES have a "badge".

Independence - since he is led by the Lord through his own convictions as perceived through the study of Gods word. So that NO MAN NEEDS TO TEACH HIM.

Fundamentalism - since what a man learns through that 'independent' study of Gods word, leads him to believe it as the ONLY truth to know in intricately fine details, and feeds that man with wisdom from God himself, OUTSIDE of mens supposed doctrines. 

Baptism - the "badge" that seals the first two above - as the proper mode, and definition by experience, of the written scriptures IS immersion - when properly observed from knowledge of the previous above statements, one can be termed an Independent Fundamental Baptist. 

In my opinion, with a clear conscience, and by conviction. 

(Since we know this IS what this is about Dave) 

Edited by Genevanpreacher

• Members
3 minutes ago, Genevanpreacher said:

Yet for one to 'say he is an IFB' he DOES have a "badge".

Independence - since he is led by the Lord through his own convictions as perceived through the study of Gods word. So that NO MAN NEEDS TO TEACH HIM.

Fundamentalism - since what a man learns through that 'independent' study of Gods word, leads him to believe it as the ONLY truth to know in intricately fine details, and feeds that man with wisdom from God himself, OUTSIDE of mens supposed doctrines. 

Baptism - the "badge" that seals the first two above - as the proper mode, and definition by experience, of the written scriptures IS immersion - when properly observed from knowledge of the previous above statements, one can be termed an Independent Fundamental Baptist. 

In my opinion, with a clear conscience, and by conviction.

Lovely, stated plainly and showing you have absolutely no idea........

Now back to the actual discussion - how then do you tell that someone saying he is a pair of Italian shoes actually IS a pair of Italian shoes?

• Members
1 hour ago, DaveW said:

Now back to the actual discussion - how then do you tell that someone saying he is a pair of Italian shoes actually IS a pair of Italian shoes?

The mere proclamation is sufficient and any further request for objective proofs should be listed as a hate crime with the SPLC.  If you continue to indulge this line of questioning, you can at least include a trigger warning!

Edited by Brother Stafford

• Members

I thought you couldn't "identify" as a different race other than the one you were born into? There was a huge uproar awhile back over this white lady who had "identified" as black, but people were outraged that she had been "posing" as a black woman (she hadn't told anyone she was born white). So I'm not really sure where the line is drawn... It's okay to identify as an animal, another gender, or a specific age, but NOT another race. Bit confusing.

Also, if you "identify" as x,  that means you realize you were born in the "wrong" body and need others to know who you "really" are by changing everything about yourself (which could include surgery or just dressing the part) and trying to live as an x would. So, are you two truly living as a car and shoes would? Otherwise just claiming you're a car or a pair of shoes is a mental condition and should consider seeing a psychiatrist.

Edited by Rebecca

• Members
20 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

So, are you two truly living as a car and shoes would? Otherwise just claiming you're a car or a pair of shoes is a mental condition and should consider seeing a psychiatrist.

Ah, but that is the beauty of our reality.  Dave can "identify" as a car, but behave as a loaf of bread would, if he so chooses.  Just as I can "identify" as a pair of shoes and behave as a gay one legged Russian kangaroo if I please (and I do mean happy).

• Members
49 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

I thought you couldn't "identify" as a different race other than the one you were born into? There was a huge uproar awhile back over this white lady who had "identified" as black, but people were outraged that she had been "posing" as a black woman (she hadn't told anyone she was born white). So I'm not really sure where the line is drawn... It's okay to identify as an animal, another gender, or a specific age, but NOT another race. Bit confusing.

Also, if you "identify" as x,  that means you realize you were born in the "wrong" body and need others to know who you "really" are by changing everything about yourself (which could include surgery or just dressing the part) and trying to live as an x would. So, are you two truly living as a car and shoes would? Otherwise just claiming you're a car or a pair of shoes is a mental condition and should consider seeing a psychiatrist.

But how do you know I am not a car?

• Members
8 hours ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

But Pastor Scott, how would you know I was a Honda if I didn't have a Honda Badge? How could you possibly tell?

• Members

Hello Dave

You said......
“Now back to the actual discussion - how then do you tell that someone saying he is a pair of Italian shoes actually IS a pair of Italian shoes?”

The only way, would be to take his shoes and socks off and inspect what he is: But then that would be unseemly; Which is the whole point.

➀ God hates it, when we can’t tell by simple observation, what a person is;(Deut.22:5)
➁ Satan hates God and human beings and does all he can do to hurt both parties.
➂ Therefore, Satan lies to someone and convinces them that they can only be happy If they are something else, so in their deceived state, they identify as something else.
➃ Plus(an added bonus), is Satan knows that God hates rebellion and this whole issue, of calling yourself something that you aren’t, is height of rebellion against your creator.
------------------------
➀So, if God created you as a Honda, than you are going to run a long time.
➁But if God created you as a Ford, than you will be dead much faster.
➂And forcing Honda parts onto yourself, will bring your death even faster.(Satan loves that)
➃But the Bible says, that if we strive to please God by honoring Him and being the best  Ford we can be, than He could see to it, that we keep running a lot longer than expected.

So honor God and be what you were created as and be a blessing to yourself and the Lord and others. (Satan hates that!)