• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

NFL Playoffs

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Hmmm? Patriots or Falcons? Who should I (we), root for?

Which is the better team? Which has the better coach?

Is anybody on either team a good role model?

Hmmm? Such decisions are too high for me to choose!

Maybe, if somebody could help me (us), make a choice I could root for one of the other.

Maybe, just maybe, if one of the above mentioned brethren had some videos of the players fine points? or a good role model player? or a coach that is worthy to follow? Than maybe I (we), can make a decision.

What about it fellas! Any good videos to share? or any reason why I (or we), should root for either the Patriots or the Falcons?

Edited by Alan
grammer

• Members

My son-in-law, (my daughter's husband), is a rabid Falcons fan and my daughter-in-law (my son's wife) is a rabid Patriots fan. If I get involved at all, it will simply be to sic these two on each other, gin them up and watch the fun. :)

My daughter and son are both like me, they really couldn't care less about any sports team.

• Members
21 hours ago, Alan said:

Hmmm? Patriots or Falcons? Who should I (we), root for?

Which is the better team? Which has the better coach?

Is anybody on either team a good role model?

Hmmm? Such decisions are too high for me to choose!

Maybe, if somebody could help me (us), make a choice I could root for one of the other.

Maybe, just maybe, if one of the above mentioned brethren had some videos of the players fine points? or a good role model player? or a coach that is worthy to follow? Than maybe I (we), can make a decision.

What about it fellas! Any good videos to share? or any reason why I (or we), should root for either the Patriots or the Falcons?

Root for the Falcons. The Patriots are the evil empire.

• Members

Still waiting for some videos, clips, maybe even a drawing, sketch, or ???

I don't even know  what colors belong to who? or is it whom?

Soooo, as Vince Lombardi said, "We need to re-learn the Fundamentals."

For those who want to know more about the game of football, please review the following film.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-ddc-linuxmint&hsimp=yhs-linuxmint&hspart=ddc&p=youtube+free+cartoon+football#id=10&vid=b2263f8668f306ad0f0da135720e81a4&action=view

Let's play football!

Edited by Alan
spelling

• Members
10 hours ago, Alan said:

Still waiting for some videos, clips, maybe even a drawing, sketch, or ???

I don't even know  what colors belong to who? or is it whom?

Soooo, as Vince Lombardi said, "We need to re-learn the Fundamentals."

For those who want to know more about the game of football, please review the following film.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-ddc-linuxmint&hsimp=yhs-linuxmint&hspart=ddc&p=youtube+free+cartoon+football#id=10&vid=b2263f8668f306ad0f0da135720e81a4&action=view

Let's play football!

True. The fundamentals always need to be shored up on. But at the same time if you tried to play today's game like you did in Lombardi's time you'd get smashed.

• Members

The same person who shared the above memes on my fb page also shared the following video, and while I still don't like football, don't know this guy or care about the team he plays on, I don't know how he lives his personal life or whether he would make a great role model,  but after watching it I do have to finally admit that maybe not all football players are Godless reprobates,  some are using their position to proclaim the gospel. If more Christian football players would be this bold, football might be worth watching, haha! ;)

• Members
10 hours ago, Rebecca said:

The same person who shared the above memes on my fb page also shared the following video, and while I still don't like football, don't know this guy or care about the team he plays on, I don't know how he lives his personal life or whether he would make a great role model,  but after watching it I do have to finally admit that maybe not all football players are Godless reprobates,  some are using their position to proclaim the gospel. If more Christian football players would be this bold, football might be worth watching, haha! ;)

QB Frank Reich, after making the greatest comeback in NFL history, gave glory to God and used the opportunity to proclaim the gospel during interviews. I remember many folks getting mad at him for doing this but many others appreciated it and I'm sure many Christians were inspired by his boldness. 

• Members

So Patriots make comeback and win. Honestly, this was the only time I've ever rooted for the Pats after ribbing the Falcons owner Mr. Blank (the biggest Obama supporter in the NFL) gave to the Pats owner because Mr. Kraft (as well as Brady and Belichick) supported Trump. Reporters also had been trying to trip up Brady with Trump questions the last two weeks but he wouldn't bite. So, the Pats comeback kind of was like Trump's comeback against Hillary.

Edited by fastjav390