• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Returning

• Administrators

Welcome back WW. Glad to have you back with us again. Weren't you based in Anchorage when you were last here? I don't know your branch of service, but were you stationed at Fort Rich. or Elmendorf?

I would be interested to know what church you attend in Kenai and its history. Just wondering if it may be connected to any church I know in Alaska.

• Members
2 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Welcome back WW. Glad to have you back with us again. Weren't you based in Anchorage when you were last here? I don't know your branch of service, but were you stationed at Fort Rich. or Elmendorf?

I would be interested to know what church you attend in Kenai and its history. Just wondering if it may be connected to any church I know in Alaska.

No, Sir. I have never been in the military, nor lived in Anchorage. I've lived in several parts of the state, mostly on the Kenai, Kodiak, Talkeetna and in some remote villages. I am currently attending Immanuel Baptist Church in Kenai, pastored by Ray Boutwell. My 4th child is graduating from the christian school here, and then we will be moving to New Mexico to take over a work on the Navajo Reservation that has been without a pastor for almost 3 years. My dad pastored this church several years ago, my wife was saved in this church while we were dating 26 years ago, we were married in this church, as were two of my children, and so far all of my grown children have graduated from the school in the church. Lots of history and deep roots in this old church. It's the place we seem to always come back to when we have completed a work and are waiting for another. However, my wife and I are to the point, we are looking to put down roots and stay in New Mexico, God willing. Time to let the young people do the mobile work.

• Administrators

Thank you for your reply WW, I must have been laboring under a misconception. But then, I'm old and my memory isn't what it used to be. I was also trying to remember about a mission work started by a home missionary in Fairbanks. It seems like it was in the Kenai area, possibly Soldotna or Ninilchick. Can't remember the name of the missionary either.

In any event I wish you well in your new work and pray that The Lord will bless both it and you as you serve Him. Please keep us updated on your progress and how the new work is doing.

• Members
13 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

But then, I'm old and my memory isn't what it used to be.

Many of us are.  

God Bless your work in New Mexico WW.

Edited by Invicta

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Fellow Alaskans! @Jim_Alaska @weary warrior I use to be on this site back in 2005 under the name Bibleworm, Back when I was on here, I think I might have been the only Alaskan. I created this account in 2013 but didn't post or come on soon after I joined. So glad to see you both!

Edited by elegantchicken
added tag

• Members
9 hours ago, elegantchicken said:

Fellow Alaskans! @Jim_Alaska @weary warrior I use to be on this site back in 2005 under the name Bibleworm, Back when I was on here, I think I might have been the only Alaskan. I created this account in 2013 but didn't post or come on soon after I joined. So glad to see you both!

Welcome! Glad to see I'm not the only one on here facing -24 temps like yesterday. Don't know what it is today. I think Jim_Alaska is the smart one, he moved somewhere south a while back. May I ask where you are in Alaska?

• Administrators
4 hours ago, elegantchicken said:

I live in North Pole Alaska , the temp for the last two days has been 50 below. I live in a little dip or valley where its and extra 5-10 degrees colder. 

I live in North Pole Alaska , the temp for the last two days has been 50 below. I live in a little dip or valley where its and extra 5-10 degrees colder. 

Welcome back. Are you familiar with Badger Road Baptist Church and Plack Rd, baptist Church? Both were sister churches to my church in Alaska, which was Two Rivers Baptist Church on Chena Hot Springs Rd.

• Members

My daughter and her husband were living somewhere up there on the road that wound on out past the base, a place called Salcha, I think. They recently moved to North Carolina. Just in time.