• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Comic strips

• Moderators

I draw random stuff. For instance:

Captain Awesome.jpgCaptain Awesome

me burtonized.jpgMe, done Tim Burton-style.

SIAD.jpgThis I did for work, for a poster contest. The eagle and cannon look weird because I did thm in they style of an old 19th century picture-trying to get that feel for it. I actually do eagles better than that.

• Members

Back in the late 1980's - early 1990's, I was a paste-up artist...did work for Levi's, Coke, Tyson, and a lot of other companies. Even had some original work created for a couple of companies. If you wore Levi's, drank Coke, or ate Tyson chicken back then, my work was on it. You just didn't know it. LOL!

I also tried to start a side-business of doing caricatures, drawings, and cartoons of people. That went nowhere. The only work that I got was the free ones that I did for people trying to get the word out. I think the only way that pays is when people have things like that done at amusement parks and such...

Somewhat similar to GP's work...only different, I also had a character that I developed to use in cartoons, but I never pursued it. If I can find it, I'll post it...but don't hold your breath.

• Members

Thanks guys! Appreciate the input.

BTW NN - I did paste-up and darkroom work for a small S.E. Indiana newspaper called Register Publications 1983-84, and 1987-88. All I normally did were ads, with a coupla times doing the pages for a lady when she needed time off. Loved it, but life disturbed my career there.

I was in a school called Diamond Oaks Career Development Campus, in Harrison, OH, and graduated with 2 years training in Commercial Art.

Loved that!

{Hoping you find that stuff NN!}

GREAT stuff Uke!!

Edited by Genevanpreacher

• 2 weeks later...