• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

COUS COUS

Invicta

• Members

We will have vegetarian. We do a "Specially Good Lentil and Cheese Savoury." It comes from a pre war book my mother in law had as Kay's father had dietry problems and couldn't digest meat too well.  Kay had the same problems as a baby and as food was  rationed, she was given a vegetarian ration book and never had meat.  Her main problem was wih fish.  Our eldest daughter also has a fish allergy, even for small traces.  Worcestershire Sauce gave her a rash and headaches as it contains anchovies. The book goes by the qaint title, "Vegetarianism For Beginners,  or Food Reform For Slender Purses."  It was published in 1932.

We will be on our own on Sunday, but will be going to our daughter on Boxing day, 26th. Her whole family will be there so there will be 10 of us. They are having turkey and gammon, and lots of veggies, as well as a lentil savoury as the whole family likes this.  

Every year when we have Christmas lunch at our seniors lunch club they do turkey.  I always suggest we have ham with it but the lady who does the cooking says she has never heard of having ham with turkey, and always does pigs in blankets which I think is for childrens meals.