• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Kids grow up!

• Members

Thanks folks.

My oldest son has just finished honours in Computer Science - he is headed out into the big bad world of professional work. Up until now he has worked at Hungry Jacks (Burger King), and paid for all his own costs by doing that.

My second son has just finished his first year at Health Science - didn't do as well as he had wanted but is keeping at it. He wants to train as a Paramedic, with the intent that it will allow him to either be a missionary or at least to be an assist when he visits missionaries. (He works at McDonalds)

Now my daughter is waiting on an offer from this school of nursing - we will know early in January, but we think it is pretty certain. And again, she wants this training not for itself but so she can hopefully go into some sort of missionary work. (She works at the local council)

Our youngest is only 13, and still schooling at home.

I have to say that I am proud of my kids - the two middle ones have both been on missions trips and both are open for the Lord's leading in that. My oldest son has never felt a call to the ministry, but he knows what it is to be faithful, and he is intent to be solid and faithful in the church where the Lord has him. Our oldest never had the opportunity to go on a missions trip, but I hope he makes it happen for himself. He does however know the value of a faithful member.

Now we have had our struggles folks - I don't want to paint this as a picture of perfection - but these kids have done me proud and still are.

Our oldest set a precedent which his two younger siblings are following hard at - to earn and pay their way through university.

All of our kids will have a Government education debt when they finish because we can't afford the course fees, but the two oldest have bought all their own books etc. and our Daughter has the same idea.

Pro 23:24-25  The father of the righteous shall greatly rejoice: and he that begetteth a wise child shall have joy of him.  (25)  Thy father and thy mother shall be glad, and she that bare thee shall rejoice.

• Members

What a wonderful thing, Dave...that your children are walking with the Lord!  Yes, they all grow up, and time flies so swiftly!  I couldn't resist posting this 2012 "note" from our #3 grandson who is now a teenager.  Prayer for my kiddos and grandkiddos is such a great comfort to me!  I praise my precious God for the message of this note!

Micky got saved 001.jpg

• Members
2 hours ago, WellWithMySoul said:

What a wonderful thing, Dave...that your children are walking with the Lord!  Yes, they all grow up, and time flies so swiftly!  I couldn't resist posting this 2012 "note" from our #3 grandson who is now a teenager.  Prayer for my kiddos and grandkiddos is such a great comfort to me!  I praise my precious God for the message of this note!

Micky got saved 001.jpg

How unbelievably cool!!!!!!!

• Members

Yesterday my daughter got an early offer from the uni. We were told it would be middle of January, but they have already officially offered her a place, which she will accept.

The funny thing is that the other universities official offers come out middle of January, so this one is trying to secure her as a student before the others get a chance.

I can't  help but be proud of our girl. :)