• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I have a question for you Bible scholars

• Members

Not Hell per se, but....

Mar 6:11 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city. 

I don't pretend to fully understand it, but that it how the verse reads.

Edited by DaveW

• Members

Other than what DaveW and I have posted, you may consider this...Luke  12...

41 Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all?

42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?

43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.

45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;

46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

• Members

The fact that there exists a "bottomless pit" shows the depravity of Satan, who will one day be bound there before he is cast into the Lake of Fire to be tormented day and night, forever and ever. Even the deepest recesses of his one thousand year confinement isn't enough for his evil works, so it must be bottomless.