• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Miss California vs. Sodomy

• Members

No I didn't watch the padgent nor the judging.

I did see the interview of Miss California on NBC this morning.

She was asked if she was in favor of same sex marriage in view of 4 states passing same sex marriage laws, by an openly sodomite judge of the pagent.

She answered that she did not favor same sex marriage and believed marriage is between one man and one woman.

In accordance with the way she was raised as a Christian. She did not compromise her beliefe in God and the Bible just to win the Miss USA crown. The judge when interviewed said it did most likely cost her the contest as did Donald Trump the pagent organizer.

http://foxforum.blogs.foxnews.com/2009/ ... ornia_usa/

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I dunno, what she was wearing compromised God pretty badly. haha.

No that's not my point of posting haha...actually that news segment made me pretty mad because they set her up with that question. They didn't have to ask that question. If it was a prerequisite for them to believe in gay marriage in order to win the crown, they should have TOLD them. It was absolutely unfair to ask a controversial question and then get mad when she answered.

• Members

No, I didn't watch it either. Saw it on FOX News. They made me angry too, putting a women in a bikini on the front page. So much for conservative talk show. Anyway, she agreed with this being a country that a thing like that could happen in, just not her belief. I know this might set some people off and the moderators can take this off if they want too, but how much of a christian is she in the first place, going on a stage where millions of people can see her in her bra and undies. No difference to me or alot of people. Certainly none with my 6 year old son and 4 year old daughter.
Was I ignorant about things like this in my youth, because of being weak, yes. Was I a good witness for the Lord then, absolutly not. I wish she would have kept her mouth shut about being a christian. Now the whole world sees it that christian think it is ok to parade around with very little clothes on. The sodomy part does not even truly matter in the big scheme of things. What she advertised was just as bad.

• Administrators

Conservative doesn't equal moral! Fox has both liberal and conservative, moral and immoral folk who work for them...hence their appellation of "fair and balanced." I strongly agree though, that they used very poor taste to put a photo of her in her bikini online (and probably on the tv).

The pageant always asks questions that seem to me to be nothing but political correctness in action - trying to get the airheads (and you gotta admit - most of 'em are!!) to sound so learned. I hope she wins it just because the judge and Trump made a big "she's gonna lose" deal out of her answer.

Personally, I think it would go a long way to restoring girls' self image if they did away with that and other "beauty" pageants. Beauty, after all, is only skin deep. But ugly goes clear to the bone, and we've seen a lot of that from pageant winners over the last 20 or so years!

• Members
Conservative doesn't equal moral! Fox has both liberal and conservative, moral and immoral folk who work for them...hence their appellation of "fair and balanced." I strongly agree though, that they used very poor taste to put a photo of her in her bikini online (and probably on the tv).

The pageant always asks questions that seem to me to be nothing but political correctness in action - trying to get the airheads (and you gotta admit - most of 'em are!!) to sound so learned. I hope she wins it just because the judge and Trump made a big "she's gonna lose" deal out of her answer.

Personally, I think it would go a long way to restoring girls' self image if they did away with that and other "beauty" pageants. Beauty, after all, is only skin deep. But ugly goes clear to the bone, and we've seen a lot of that from pageant winners over the last 20 or so years!

:amen::goodpost::amen:

• Administrators

Well, she made first runner up.

FOXNews.com: Did your stomach sink when you first heard you picked Perez Hilton's question?

Carrie Prejean: I had a gut feeling. I knew he was controversial, and so was the question. Out of all the topics I studied up on, I dreaded that one, I prayed I would not be asked about gay marriage. If I had any other question, I know I would have won.

FOXNews.com: Did you think right away your answer may have killed your chances of winning?

Carrie Prejean: Yeah, I thought I was going to be 4th runner up for sure. I was surprised I made it to first runner up!

• Members
No, I didn't watch it either. Saw it on FOX News. They made me angry too, putting a women in a bikini on the front page. So much for conservative talk show. Anyway, she agreed with this being a country that a thing like that could happen in, just not her belief. I know this might set some people off and the moderators can take this off if they want too, but how much of a christian is she in the first place, going on a stage where millions of people can see her in her bra and undies. No difference to me or alot of people. Certainly none with my 6 year old son and 4 year old daughter.
Was I ignorant about things like this in my youth, because of being weak, yes. Was I a good witness for the Lord then, absolutly not. I wish she would have kept her mouth shut about being a christian. Now the whole world sees it that christian think it is ok to parade around with very little clothes on. The sodomy part does not even truly matter in the big scheme of things. What she advertised was just as bad.

I feel the same way. I do wonder, though, if the injustice of it, might give a little wake up nudge to those lukewarm Christians that they need to get serious about their faith because troublesome times are coming for those who are on the Lord's side!

• Members

Although I cannot applaude her dress, nor her venue to achieve, I can without reservation applaude her fortitude. She had an opportunity-controversy facing her about Biblical marriage and stayed her conviction. You seldom hear people do that these days. I wonder how she would publicly handle other "world views" if given our preferred training (personal dress, abortion, etc.)?

I would guess, purly speculating, this 22 year old, given the opportunity to receive our preferred doctrinal truths, would respond similarly. After all, the convictions she knows as truths are obviously unshakable.

I have no idea how strong the fundamentals were taught where she learned to stand uncompromisingly on God's side. However, when the top of the worldly mountain was in her grasp (she just had to close her hand); instead, she chose the only God she knows and denied the world a victory.

If someone asks me on the street what I think concerning this, I'll resond similarly as I have above.

• Administrators
Although I cannot applaude her dress, nor her venue to achieve, I can without reservation applaude her fortitude. She had an opportunity-controversy facing her about Biblical marriage and stayed her conviction. You seldom hear people do that these days. I wonder how she would publicly handle other "world views" if given our preferred training (personal dress, abortion, etc.)?

I would guess, purly speculating, this 22 year old, given the opportunity to receive our preferred doctrinal truths, would respond similarly. After all, the convictions she knows as truths are obviously unshakable.

I have no idea how strong the fundamentals were taught where she learned to stand uncompromisingly on God's side. However, when the top of the worldly mountain was in her grasp (she just had to close her hand); instead, she chose the only God she knows and denied the world a victory.

If someone asks me on the street what I think concerning this, I'll resond similarly as I have above.

I agree that it was great that she was willing to answer the right way...but I'm kinda confused at the rest of this!

• Members
If these sodomites get this upset over what Miss America (wearing glorified underwear) says just think how bent out of shape they'll get when we start speaking up.

....on the other hand, they don't care what we think...its the "hollywood crowd" that they get incensed at when they disagree with "mainstream" thought.

• Members

....on the other hand, they don't care what we think...its the "hollywood crowd" that they get incensed at when they disagree with "mainstream" thought.

I don't know about this. She won't ever have to worry about going to jail over it.

Anyway, the whole thing is kind of funny. Here's a woman standing in front of millions with nothing on but a string talking about traditonal values and Christians giving her a thumbups over it while at the same time giving a church member the evil eye because her skirt may be slightly above her knees. :lol:

• Members

I agree with what Miss California says, but I disagree with all the big deal of a woman who walks around parading her almost naked body in front of all the world to see. Christians do not need the image of starving yourself skinny, look as sexy as possible, cause men to lust after you, I do not agree with the whole sexual parade of women. Nuttin' but sin!! plain and simple.
What ever happened to MODEST Apparel!

• Members
I agree with what Miss California says, but I disagree with all the big deal of a woman who walks around parading her almost naked body in front of all the world to see. Christians do not need the image of starving yourself skinny, look as sexy as possible, cause men to lust after you, I do not agree with the whole sexual parade of women. Nuttin' but sin!! plain and simple.
What ever happened to MODEST Apparel!

Modest apparel isn't on that racks in Satan's Boutiques.

• Administrators

I don't know about this. She won't ever have to worry about going to jail over it.

Anyway, the whole thing is kind of funny. Here's a woman standing in front of millions with nothing on but a string talking about traditonal values and Christians giving her a thumbups over it while at the same time giving a church member the evil eye because her skirt may be slightly above her knees. :lol:

What she said was good. How she was dressed was bad. Not all Christians are giving her a thumbs-up. I liked what she said, and that she wasn't going to change that to win. I feel sorry for her that she obviously hasn't been taught certain scriptural principles and so doesn't feel any shame in walking in front of millions (via the camera) in such immodest apparel. She is a product of the new kind of Christianity. The kind that says it doesn't matter what one wears. The kind that says (by practice, not necessarily words) pick and choose the principles in scripture that you want to follow. As long as you love everybody, you're okay.

As I said before, I think these pageants ought to be done away with (and, really, I'm surprised that feminists aren't hollering about them...after all, they exploit women!). And I for sure don't think any Christian woman should be in them!