• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

Has anyone used this curriculum before? We have a 7,5, 4, & 2 year old. Our 7 year old is Autistic. We are new to homeschooling, and were wondering what you thought. We have found, through research, that it is definitely the most cost effective in comparison with all of the other well known curriculums. It is KJV, but how well is the material presented, and is it hard to navigate one's way around the material? I was looking through the PACES material of another church member, and found it difficult to figure out what to tell her to do. Thanks.

• Administrators
Has anyone used this curriculum before? We have a 7' date='5, 4, & 2 year old. Our 7 year old is Autistic. We are new to homeschooling, and were wondering what you thought. We have found, through research, that it is definitely the most cost effective in comparison with all of the other well known curriculums. It is KJV, but how well is the material presented, and is it hard to navigate one's way around the material? I was looking through the PACES material of another church member, and found it difficult to figure out what to tell her to do. Thanks.[/quote']
Any of the PACE type curricula require that the learner be visual. Most kids nowadays are audio, many are both. It your children who will be using this are good readers, it will be effective. If, however, there are problems with their reading, you'll need to do some remedial work on their reading to bring them up to speed. I don't know how PACEs will work for someone with autism. Depends on the type of autism, I would guess.

• Members

I have friends that use ACE for their learning disabled child(she is missing a chromosome) and its the only thing that works for them. I like them and will probably go back to them in the future. I love ACE's learning to read program, I'm not sure if it is the same as lifepac. I do remember in grade school that some of my paces said lifepac as opposed to ACE.